Watch out for trains

STFXG

Haven't seen this posted yet. If it has, it's worth watching again. Haha. Guy is lucky to be alive.

Star B

White Lightening
I don't think it was totally preventable... looking at the intersection on google maps... that drivers view of where the train was coming from would have been blocked.

I mean... that train was moving quite fast for the crappy conditions.

McFeely

Huge Member
When I say preventable, I meant that's what FedEx will say. Just about everything is preventable in the eyes of the company, unfortunately.

Seriously though, glad the driver is ok. That could have ended awfully if the train hit the tractor.

Nolimitz

Around here buses are required to
1. come to complete stop
2. turn on hazard lights
3. open door look and listen for train
4. proceed w. caution
5. once clear turn off hazard lights
This is at all RR crossings weather gated or not

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not certain, but don't only placarded trucks carrying large amounts of certain kinds of haz have to stop and check?

A placarded vehicle must stop before the tracks and check. A non-placarded vehicle does not have to stop, but it is the professional driver's responsibility to do do everything possible to prevent an accident,up to and including anticipating the hazard.

Absolutely preventable.

BootsOnTarmac

I agree. Considering the conditions and possible lack of visibility, I believe a professional driver with good training would have stopped and checked the crossing.