We as drivers

packageguy

How many of us leave the building and our
mood changes from pissed, to pleasant,
some what knowing that you don't see
any supervisors or bosses.

I know once I'm out, doing my thing it's a great day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It depends on how PISSED I am when I leave the center. Usually, by the time I hit my first 2 or 3 customers, I'm over whatever it was that pissed me off.

iruhnman630

Abusive much?

This isn't the proper way to let off steam.
Oh, I don't know. I've often found thumping a few customers on the head with my DIAD to be quite liberating.

Unfortunately, the things which typically piss me off usually involve work at the end of the day, so it tends to stew all day long.

Once we reach our routes, start seeing our friends, feeding the dogs, etc., the politics from the obligatory morning meeting fade away. It feels so great to be driving the truck, wind blowing your hair, sun shining, radio humming. Sometimes for my break, I'll park my truck so that the wind will pass through, open both bulkhead door and back doors, and just chill for an hour.

packageguy

Once we reach our routes, start seeing our friends, feeding the dogs, etc., the politics from the obligatory morning meeting fade away. It feels so great to be driving the truck, wind blowing your hair, sun shining, radio humming. Sometimes for my break, I'll park my truck so that the wind will pass through, open both bulkhead door and back doors, and just chill for an hour.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about, Going out there doing our thing. Basically we don't need supervisors, they make our jobs harder for no reason. just let us do what we do.

I hardly ever get mad at work anymore. I've made peace with it. It just doesn't matter if you get mad or not the outcome is going to be the same. Learn to like it and deal with it and you will be a healthier person.

texan

I hardly ever get mad at work anymore. I've made peace with it. It just doesn't matter if you get mad or not the outcome is going to be the same. Learn to like it and deal with it and you will be a healthier person.

I AGREE. " Learn to like it and deal with it and you will be a healthier person"
GREAT POST...

texan

Yes, that's what I'm talking about, Going out there doing our thing. Basically we don't need supervisors, they make our jobs harder for no reason. just let us do what we do.

Someone must be the check and balance. I perceive you do the right thing day in and day out.... Bless you sir...

But someone must monitor / guide / check / verify the new ones ,drivers , loaders / sort
or there would be no standard..... no verify to make all is well to make us better.

Better than what? Our competitors, Remember them sir?

It is tight right now. We must be the best. UPS the Company that is the best.

Johney

Well if there were no supervisors I think the inmates would be running the asylum. We just need them to keep the crazies :crazy: and the :people_crybaby: in line and leave the rest of us alone.:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Yes sirree Bob, it is quite liberating.
It is what it is!

barnyard

KTM rider
Since my shoulders do not hurt anymore, I find that my general mood is so much improved. The job is easier, dealing with people is easier and letting supervisor BS in 1 ear and out the other is so much easier.

stink219

I agree brother. I do however make a "scene" now and then in the building. It's all for show. It keeps management on their toes. I yell, curse, throw stuff around. It keeps them always guessing. I always stay zen!

Buck Fifty

Someone must be the check and balance. I perceive you do the right thing day in and day out.... Bless you sir...

But someone must monitor / guide / check / verify the new ones ,drivers , loaders / sort
or there would be no standard..... no verify to make all is well to make us better.

Anyone else vomit in the back of their mouth !!!

Better than what? Our competitors, Remember them sir?

It is tight right now. We must be the best. UPS the Company that is the best.

Cementups

Box Monkey

This^^^ x10.
I was just having this same discussion tonight with the guy who unloads the package cars. Mentioned how some people are so stressed out about this job. Told him it's not the hard and no reason to stress out. You punch in, deliver packages, pickup packages, punch out. Any time that doesn't involve a DIAD in my vicinity is my time. Nothing to stress out about.
This job is only as hard as you make it!!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I used to get mad a lot. In fact, I can say quite honestly, I had an anger problem. I would get stewed about a split, misroutes, added air stops, added pickups, and I would swear that if my supervisor came out on route, I would beat his ass. But the more I aged, the more I mellowed. You learn with the years that anger is a demon that festers deeper and deeper INSIDE of you. Most UPS managers I've had through the years know this, and it is something they seem to enjoy.

Letting go of the rage was one of the best things I've ever done in this job. Turn anger into clicks on the time clock.

Ironically, the more you let work fiascos roll off your back, the madder management seems to get. Now what could be sweeter?

texan

I used to get mad a lot. In fact, I can say quite honestly, I had an anger problem. I would get stewed about a split, misroutes, added air stops, added pickups, and I would swear that if my supervisor came out on route, I would beat his ass. But the more I aged, the more I mellowed. You learn with the years that anger is a demon that festers deeper and deeper INSIDE of you. Most UPS managers I've had through the years know this, and it is something they seem to enjoy.

Letting go of the rage was one of the best things I've ever done in this job. Turn anger into clicks on the time clock.

Ironically, the more you let work fiascos roll off your back, the madder management seems to get. Now what could be sweeter?

Great post sir, pos rep coming...