We want your AR

Dr.Brownz

A year ago my idiot leftist co-worker is making fun of everyone saying it's a "conspiracy theory" that the dems want to take our guns. Now it's happening and he refuses to talk about it. PUSILLANIMOUS

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You’re leaving out half of that pledge. Would be interesting to see how they react if a national state of emergency is called.

According to the UCMJ a soldier must only follow lawful orders. If the president orders gun confiscation, in theory, soldiers should disobey that order.

When Can a Soldier Disobey an Order?

The line is set at an order that is palpably (clearly) illegal. This puts soldiers in a dilemma because if their understanding of what should be considered clearly illegal is not supported by the courts, they still get punished, simply for doing what they think is right. This is one of many reasons I am opposed to a standing military. Soldiers must actually give up many of the constitutional protections they are defending. It's an irreconcilable contradiction, and I believe putting people in this type of situation, where the reason for overriding their sense of morality is not always clear cut, is a major contributor to ptsd.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Strong rebuttal from the Donald's. When you can't offer a legit argument, resort to insults.

Apparently sailfish and DIDO really are morons.
EAtdXPDVUAAAGnU.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
According to the UCMJ a soldier must only follow lawful orders. If the president orders gun confiscation, in theory, soldiers should disobey that order.

The line is set at an order that is palpably (clearly) illegal. This puts soldiers in a dilemma because if their understanding of what should be considered clearly illegal is not supported by the courts, they still get punished, simply for doing what they think is right. This is one of many reasons I am opposed to a standing military. Soldiers must actually give up many of the constitutional protections they are defending. It's an irreconcilable contradiction, and I believe putting people in this type of situation, where the reason for overriding their sense of morality is not always clear cut, is a major contributor to ptsd.

One of the reasons I advocate against "serving". You put your neck on the line in some third world :censored2: hole fighting some politicians' war for foreign interests under the bull:censored2: facade of "defending freedom" for a society that hates you anyway and look at how you're treated in return.

"Thanks for your legs. Now piss off."

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

If a 'soldier' is asked to marshall US citizens within the US, he/she is breaking the law.
Soldiers are to protect the USA from invaders/outside forces threatening the borders of the USA.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
One of the reasons I advocate against "serving". You put your neck on the line in some third world :censored2: hole fighting some politicians' war for foreign interests under the bull:censored2: facade of "defending freedom" for a society that hates you anyway and look at how you're treated in return.

"Thanks for your legs. Now piss off."

Also why I didn't re-enlist. At least that was how it was when I was serving. Now they've politicized "supporting" our troops. I guess it's better than before, but the best way to support our troops is to let them live their lives as free citizens who respond to real threats when necessary, not at the whim, and benefit, of a political ruling class. I would probably still be enlisted if it were in a well regulated militia, rather than a standing military.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Also why I didn't re-enlist. At least that was how it was when I was serving. Now they've politicized "supporting" our troops. I guess it's better than before, but the best way to support our troops is to let them live their lives as free citizens who respond to real threats when necessary, not at the whim, and benefit, of a political ruling class. I would probably still be enlisted if it were in a well regulated militia, rather than a standing military.
Realizing everything I do now I still can't believe that I once not only tried joining the Navy's BUD/S enlistment program when I was in high school but tried the Coast Guard too a few years later. I guess my piss poor eyesight can be a curse and a blessing. Boy was I naive then. Must've still been coming off the God & Country Koolaid.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That is correct.

Learn more about the implementation of The Posse Comitatus Act.
The oath is to protect against enemies foreign and domestic.
So which one do you honor ... the Constitution and Law or an oath?

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878, by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States.
The act specifically applies only to the United States Army and, as amended in 1956, the United States Air Force. Although the act does not explicitly mention the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the act force with respect to those services as well.

The act does not prevent the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

Last edited: