Weak BA

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a "safety member" who leaves building up to a half an hour before start time... I think WOW to myself every time I see it happen. He loads his own truck in am to get it wrapped early then takes off ... What if he got into an accident with ups truck one morning....I guarantee I could give you the answer.

You are covered any time you are on company property, on the clock or not. I am sure he is changing the start time in his DIAD; if not, how could he have a left bldg before his start time?

Resident know-it-all.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You are covered any time you are on company property, on the clock or not. I am sure he is changing the start time in his DIAD; if not, how could he have a left bldg before his start time?

Resident know-it-all.
It's called working off the clock Einstein.Guys put in "fake" lunches all the time. He wants to look good on paper and get done sooner. He would be terminated immediately and he would be fully responsible for accident because he was not on the clock. Smart guy

By The Book

There is a "safety member" who leaves building up to a half an hour before start time... I think WOW to myself every time I see it happen. He loads his own truck in am to get it wrapped early then takes off ... What if he got into an accident with ups truck one morning....I guarantee I could give you the answer.
I usually notice a guy or 2 leaving before start-time. Most of the time these are drivers that are already on the clock.

Teeitup

9.5 grievances are the easiest. You show hours worked over. They pay. Done. This is insane
I had over 9.5 grievance denied. B.A told me the reason was bad weather(snow) on two of the days I worked over. I said that was BS because my both days were planned over 9.5 even though worked was more due to bad roads. I even explained there was laid off driver all 3 days I was over 9.5. Filing grievances are easy but outcomes are definitely different than they used to.

Skooney

Thousands of dollars of 9.5 penalty pay thrown out because he feels like they got it under control for the last month.

It's in black and white you file you get triple time. End of story. And they wonder why some dont care for the union.

Man, I thought it was just our BA that sucked.

RIH251

And not at Providence..where the BA negotiates .10-30¢ on the dollar for you, without your permission or even your involvement in the process.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

And not at Providence..where the BA negotiates .10-30¢ on the dollar for you, without your permission or even your involvement in the process.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Are the grievances written up for less as a remedy? If not, your BA is bringing a great injustice to members. You had mentioned that a TDU group won election? Why doesn't TDU report this on their website?

Where are you pigs now?

RIH251

Allegedly the BA and his stewards are writing the grievances for the drivers. Most times the drivers just get a copy of someone else's write up. Then st some point they're notified "Heres what your getting".

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Allegedly the BA and his stewards are writing the grievances for the drivers. Most times the drivers just get a copy of someone else's write up. Then st some point they're notified "Heres what your getting".

Sent using BrownCafe App
That is ridiculous. Just more lies from TDU. All talk. I used to be a TDUer back in the day. I've been to many conventions. It was all about taking my money. Don't let your people get fleeced. What's the point in filing a grievance at 10-30 cents on the dollar? UPS still wins in that case. Sounds like you have a weak BA that just folds like an accordion.

Where are you pigs now?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Sent using BrownCafe App

That's just lazy behavior by the members. It doesn't take an advanced degree to write up a grievance. A little knowledge of the contract book and some simple English skills are all that is needed. Oh yeah, and some marbles.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
It's called working off the clock Einstein.Guys put in "fake" lunches all the time. He wants to look good on paper and get done sooner. He would be terminated immediately and he would be fully responsible for accident because he was not on the clock. Smart guy
This is not true. He would have to be on duty, he would be on the clock.

Big Bad Wolf

That's just lazy behavior by the members. It doesn't take an advanced degree to write up a grievance. A little knowledge of the contract book and some simple English skills are all that is needed. Oh yeah, and some marbles.
Your correct. But the stewards and BA should be guiding these folks.

Where are you pigs now?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Your correct. But the stewards and BA should be guiding these folks.

Where are you pigs now?

This is true, but each member needs to take responsibility for him/herself. For all of the bitching about TDU, they sell some cheap, very informative booklets with just about everything you need to know about grievances.

Big Bad Wolf

This is true, but each member needs to take responsibility for him/herself. For all of the bitching about TDU, they sell some cheap, very informative booklets with just about everything you need to know about grievances.
But what good is it if the BA is settling for 10-30 cents on the dollar? Based upon what RIH said, if you have a $1000 grievance the BA is settling for $160 and telling you to shut up about it. Sounds like the 7 month TDU BA is part of the problem. Would you not agree?

Where are you pigs now?

RIH251

According to the drivers I'm friendly with the BA and stewards are not only not encouraging the guys to write their own grievances, they're not allowing them to. The grievant is left out of the process entirely....then handed a short check.

Sent using BrownCafe App