Weather Channel Founder Speaks on Global Warming

traveler

Where next? Venice
I carefully read the article in your first post and I do agree that the idea that man is creating rapid climate change is, at best, silly and at worst, a way to gin up votes and/or scare people.

While in Alaska a few years back we visited a glacier that was receding. There was a blurb printed near the viewing window which showed how much further the glacier would recede in the coming years if the present rate continued. The people on the tour were appalled at the thought of the glacier receding further (loosing the wonderful view) and many expressed that they felt terrible about the prospects. I challenged the thoughts by posing a simple question... how would you feel if the situation were reversed and the glacier was advancing (global cooling?) and the projection was that the observation point would be wiped out in the coming years. Should all glaciers remain static? Should they advance/recede and how far? Well, no-one could think of anything to say!

Simply put, the climate has, through history, and will in the future continue to change. Agreed, we should work to keep the air and waters clear and clean but not using the current scare tactics.

Sammie

Wkmac,

Your first article was right on.

If it weren't for Global Warming, wouldn't we still be stuck in the last Ice Age? :wacko: The only things getting really hot and bothered are the politicians and the left wing who receive gobs of free fed money for their think tanks.

IMO, Global Warming is no more than Mother Nature having a HOT FLASH!!! :cursing:

When you think about it, I find the Global Hot Air Issue just that. What has become such a butt clencher for politicians, this planet under peril business, was a complete non issue to them what, five years ago?

It would be interesting to have a presidential debate on this topic alone.
Barack with his national low-carbon fuel standard, Hillary, whose
campaign announced it would go "carbon neutral" beginning today,
and McCain, who thinks clean energy credits should be bought and sold. And Al Gore is obviously some kind of god not to be questioned.

"How egotistical can we as humans be, thinking that we will have one iota of an effect on this planet. When the earth is done with us, it will be just the earth again...with some plastic laying around." George Carlin

I personally think that all carbonated beverages should be banned immediately. You know what happens when you drop or shake that can of Coke and then open it..... The fizz that sprays out all over the place is carbon dioxide...:eek:

satellitedriver

Wkmac,

Your first article was right on.

If it weren't for Global Warming, wouldn't we still be stuck in the last Ice Age? :wacko: The only things getting really hot and bothered are the politicians and the left wing who receive gobs of free fed money for their think tanks.

IMO, Global Warming is no more than Mother Nature having a HOT FLASH!!! :cursing:

When you think about it, I find the Global Hot Air Issue just that. What has become such a butt clencher for politicians, this planet under peril business, was a complete non issue to them what, five years ago?

It would be interesting to have a presidential debate on this topic alone.
Barack with his national low-carbon fuel standard, Hillary, whose
campaign announced it would go "carbon neutral" beginning today,
and McCain, who thinks clean energy credits should be bought and sold. And Al Gore is obviously some kind of god not to be questioned.

"How egotistical can we as humans be, thinking that we will have one iota of an effect on this planet. When the earth is done with us, it will be just the earth again...with some plastic laying around." George Carlin

I personally think that all carbonated beverages should be banned immediately. You know what happens when you drop or shake that can of Coke and then open it..... The fizz that sprays out all over the place is carbon dioxide...:eek:

I agree with this quote;

I disagree with this quote;

I personally think that all carbonated beverages should be banned immediately. You know what happens when you drop or shake that can of Coke and then open it..... The fizz that sprays out all over the place is carbon dioxide...:

The second quote would effect my beer.
PAX

my2cents

The next time you fly, don't forget to purchase your carbon offset credits. If one decides to fly Virgin, one can purchase offsets when buying the ticket. According to this news article, not to many people are buying their offset credits, so it appears the airline will try to shame you into buying them: Virgin in carbon offsets shame campaign. I'll be flying with them next year, although if anyone comes by my seat and tries to shame me into buying carbon offset credits, I'll simply tell them, this will my last flight on your airline. I have no desire whatsoever to participate in the global warming scam.

my2cents

This carbon offset issue got me thinking. What would it cost if UPS worked out a deal with Al Gore's company for an annual carbon offset contract? I would have to wonder if the company would still be able to turn a profit.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Carbon offsets are the silliest thing to come down the pike so far. One can pollute to their hearts content by just paying others off! That'll save the planet for sure. :crying:

I like to drive fast... can I buy speeding ticket offsets? It's just about the same principle. It would save buying a radar detector and an increase in insurance rates if caught. :scooter:

Carbon offsets are the silliest thing to come down the pike so far. One can pollute to their hearts content by just paying others off! That'll save the planet for sure. :crying:

Corporations in California have been doing that for years buy buying older cars and crushing them for credits to offset them having to clean up emissions for their smokestacks.