Week of training in Denver , just got hired

clisp

I just got hired and my question is what to expect on this training , will be there for 5 days ...
Please share your experiences or if you have any advise share it with me

p.s. i was given 2 pieces of paper that i have to memorize

on a separate question ... is it possible to transfer to a diff state after a while ... lets say 2-3 years
Thanks

ups79

I just got hired and my question is what to expect on this training , will be there for 5 days ...

on a separate question ... is it possible to transfer to a diff state after a while ... lets say 2-3 years
Thanks

It might be best to get a week behind you before you think about asking for a transfer.

SmithBarney

Transfer... within the region a remote possibility
outside of the region... haha.. better off going to vegas and bet it all on double 00

Thanks

You can transfer within the Western Sates. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, and west of there including Hawaii and alaska. Sign up sheets go up in October. You Must sign up for the particular hub you want to transfer to.

DS

Fenderbender
memorize all good kids like milk first.
the 10 point commentary is a bit harder
7 be aware of stale green lights...
you have a few miles to put in before a transfer

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Thanks

He's most likely a seasonal hire, folks. I'd be aware of who your on-road's and center manager are. I was a Denver helper and was slightly alarmed when what turned out to be an on-road knocked on my door when my driver was sorting the back. Then, a couple weeks later, when Denver took it on the chin from a blizzard, my driver and I got stuck at a curb. A Chevy SUV pulled in front of us and stopped. We thought it was another Good Samaritan for a second. Turned out to be the Center Manager! As to the transfer....hahahaha. Its hard enough to do it for educational purposes. -Rocky

clisp

yes Fred Red Lion is the place .... i was just curious what to expect hihiahihi
i do have a C.D.L so i kinda know what to expect .... with the repeating and explaining ... but thats life ;-)

SmithBarney

The course is less about driving and more about Delivery and company..
athough I think we spent 2-3 days in the "truck" although it was a 15 pass van
we practiced in(classroom truck was out of commision when I took the class)

The Red Lion well its OK... I wouldn't stay there if I was looking for a place at the last minute, but most of the local "truck driver" schools use it as well for trainees. Its got a bar, and food.

UPS doesn't spend a dime more than they have to...
on the other hand FedEx put me up for 2 weeks for my training at the Radisson.. at $100+ a night.

clisp

Fred , any idea if they have wireless "wifi" in that motel
what kinda training you went for ? the one in Radisson i mean

SmithBarney

IIRC I think they had pay access internet.
I just drove down the road to the local Panara Bread for my email.

FedExExpress had me at the radisson for Courier(driver) training.

Looks like they might have renovated the hotel... which is good..
But I can't believe they charge for internet access.. everyone else
offers it for free these days.