Week one how did your center or hub do? And why?

onehandsolo

My center did not have any service failures or dot violations this week. Volume was more than twice as much as normal.

I have to say the management team did a good job with planning and utilizing resources. Lots of helpers on golf carts and the preload going down on time were probably key. Some of are sups were sent to other centers Thursday and Friday to help with the excessive amount of missed pieces and drivers running out of hours.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well considering 3 out of 5 days last week I got done delivering my 225+ stops and was sent 25 miles out of town to help extended drivers who wouldnt finish... I'd say we're totally prepared and wont have any problems this peak :glare:

9.5 everyday

Our building ran irregs all week, but couldn't process the volume. The belts could hardly move and people were just pushing the irregs down the belt. The electric carts that shuttle them to the package cars, never had down time to charge. So the irregs continued to pile up all week. We now have probably 2,000 irregs sitting in the back of the building. Our sups asked anyone with hours left if they wanted to work today (Saturday) because they planned 30 routes to deliver Saturday airs and irregs. So all in all, probably can't get much worse in my building. Come Monday we will be sitting on 6 days of irregs.

QualityLoads

A lot missed on black friday and cyber monday. They got it somewhat fixed the rest of the week. No limit on helper times, more baselines, and preload got wrapped up quicker.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A lot missed on black friday and cyber monday. They got it somewhat fixed the rest of the week. No limit on helper times, more baselines, and preload got wrapped up quicker.
Our preload is horrible! They expect our preloaders to load 4 cars with peak volume and that just isnt possible. During peak each preloader should have 2 cars to load tops so the load quality is better and things dont get stacked out. But I know thats wishful thinking

margaritaville

As a cut driver doing this 3 years this has been the easiest peak so far. I got a route with like 70 biz, 200 stops total. No helper. No pickups. Good loader. I usually finish around 630 but than i need to help someone and get off at 8. Other peaks i would get off at 10pm often. It seems organized but i try to not ask other drivers how their peak is going because i dont want to let them know i have been having it relatively easy. So not sure how our hub is doing as a whole but going good for me so far. Also not having to deal with a helper is great. Ihope i dont get one next week.

QualityLoads

Our preload is horrible! They expect our preloaders to load 4 cars with peak volume and that just isnt possible. During peak each preloader should have 2 cars to load tops so the load quality is better and things dont get stacked out. But I know thats wishful thinking

I got a seasonal loader he is terrible. At least 5 misloads everyday had 10 twice this week. Had a misloaded air that i went ahead and delivered. (shouldve reported as a misload so management lights a fire on his ass.) Packages on the wrong shelf, i just learned to live with it and make easy money running misloads and going back to deliver packages on the wrong shelf. One day this week i had to message center that i was going to pull over to sort the truck after doing 3 stops and skipping at least 5 stops cause i couldnt find my first couple of stops. Hasnt been a single day this week where i didnt find something in the wrong shelf and went back to deliver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Definitely not impossible.....if anything, we have more time to keep the shelves neat during peak when the flow slows while waiting on loads to arrive. But you can only cram 15lbs of crap in a 5 in bag for so long before it's bricked out.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Not once this week did preload wrap up on time, so we had to finish loading our trucks after the PCM. Missing hundreds of packages every day. At lease we're not as bad off as another center in our district that's been missing thousands of packages daily.

Personally, it hasn't been too bad. Cruising around in the country, dodging deer and dogs.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I forgot to mention our center had a really bad day Thursday. We got a message on our diad at like 11am alerting us of a crash from our center. A circle of honor member with 35+ years of flawless service hit a bicyclist :sad: He was in a rural area and somehow didnt see the guy at an intersection and hit him. The cyclist was ok because the driver braked enough to barely hit him, but still. I feel so bad for him because this could have happened to anyone. No one expects people to be riding a bike in the middle of nowhere in the winter

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Rolled trailers early in the week because the hub couldn't get loads to us during bad weather. But other than that, we've been pretty good thus far. We even were able to jump service on a 53 footer on Thursday.

The bad stuff has been seasonals quitting. We're waiting for 4 more to come back from class so Thursday and Friday I was on road with a preloader doing deliveries.

barnyard

KTM rider
We rolled 150 stops on Monday and cleaned up everything on Tuesday. We had a DOT violation for not having 10 hours of rest, but no over 60's. I feel like it could have been way worse and that things seem to be going smoother.

Our weather has been exceptional since Wednesday and the forecast is for more of the same, so that really helps.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We rolled 150 stops on Monday and cleaned up everything on Tuesday. We had a DOT violation for not having 10 hours of rest, but no over 60's. I feel like it could have been way worse and that things seem to be going smoother.
That would explain the militant conference calls about having enough time off.
Our weather has been exceptional since Wednesday and the forecast is for more of the same, so that really helps.
It was actually nice here on Thursday. Had the doors open driving around. Was almost like a spring day.