No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

To be clear here...what I am talking about is residential addresses in a rural area. I dont DR business stops. There is no rational basis for allowing a given package to be released on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays while prohibiting its release on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am providing the requested info and fully cooperating with the program except for one minor detail; instead of bringing the package back the following day when Driver Release will be allowed, I release it on the same day I fill out the questionnare so as to avoid an unnecessary send-again when I am at risk of going over 60 hours.
A no scan is a no no in all 4 buildings I've worked in.

Johney

Leave a note for the dispatch Sup perhaps? Just thinking out loud. Yeah it's irritating you even have to do it. But someone should be able to change it for you.
Probably a very easy thing to get done in that country club center you work in, but in a big real center you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Probably a very easy thing to get done in that country club center you work in, but in a big real center you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.
bsi.gif

a911scanner

Is holiday trouble looming for UPS deliveries

• On-time delivery rates for the company plunged last week, with about 91 percent of UPS ground packages delivered on time, according to software developer ShipMatrix. At the same time a year earlier, UPS' on-time deliveries were tracking at about 97 percent, ShipMatrix told CBS MoneyWatch. FedEx's deliveries have also seen some delays, with last week's packages having a 95 percent on-time rate
Looks like corporate has failed again, as usual

Propaganda from a company that is "anaylizing" guesstimated numbers at best. Notice the focus on brown, and hardly a mention of fred. Now click on the fred sub-forum and it looks like they are having waaaayyyy bigger issues than we are. And this is based on a small portion of insider knowledge.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told that if a customer orders as business we will have to get a signature regardless of how many tines we have DR'd at the stop. We were also told UPS is losing millions each year due to this practice........

By The Book

We were told that if a customer orders as business we will have to get a signature regardless of how many tines we have DR'd at the stop. We were also told UPS is losing millions each year due to this practice........
How do we know if a customer orders as a business, and are you saying when the no dr pops up that if the customer isn't home you sheet as ni1?

Ghost in the Darkness

I had a stop a couple weeks ago that let me select dr front door for one package and the other package said it was no-dr (but was not a sig req of any kind). Between Orion, the PAL system, and this crap just shows once we have some real idiots working behind the scenes.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
How do we know if a customer orders as a business, and are you saying when the no dr pops up that if the customer isn't home you sheet as ni1?
We were told that the billing info is now known( not saying I believe everything we are told,just repeating it) and is reflected by the need fora signature
We have one driver in our building that is telling customers on his route to call in Corporate Complaints over this matter and it's hysterical how badly he riles the center manager over this issue

wayfair

swollen member
fridge, I've got over a 100 business stops... I know them and their families.... you want me to cheat them out.... typical management move.... KNOW YOUR ROLE!!!

Chnandler Bong

Our center manager confirmed that this whole program IS about correctly billing residential vs. commercial. He also acknowledged that there are times that DR-ing a commercial stop is the correct thing to do.

Churches and businesses that give us an access code so that we can safely make deliveries when they are not around, for example. No need to disrupt the normal flow of business in order to get the billing correct.

We were told to use the relnum soft key and continue to DR them, making sure to choose the appropriate response from the menu when prompted so the billing is correct.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our center manager confirmed that this whole program IS about correctly billing residential vs. commercial. He also acknowledged that there are times that DR-ing a commercial stop is the correct thing to do.

Churches and businesses that give us an access code so that we can safely make deliveries when they are not around, for example. No need to disrupt the normal flow of business in order to get the billing correct.

We were told to use the relnum soft key and continue to DR them, making sure to choose the appropriate response from the menu when prompted so the billing is correct.
Or just have them leave a signed delivery notice so the package can be delivered and billed correctly as commercial. I have signed notices for dozens of places.

Chnandler Bong

I've done the same at many locations over the years, but I'm on a rural area now that I plan to retire on. If I can make things easier on some of my more trustworthy customers, I have no problem with it...especially since my center manager suggested it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For UPS to do this during peak is obscene !!
They could have waited until Jan. 1st.
They gave us a sheet telling us to leave a delivery notice at any residential houses that show No DR.
What kind of company does that over a billing issue.
I use the relnum soft key like most have said here, and I can deliver at a normal pace and not piss off residential customers during the holidays.