Weight audit.

reginald95

In my building they eliminated the job of the revenue auditor. The guy that walks around in the pm and weights packages that ups drivers point out as incorrect. What do we as drivers do in a case like this. Ups should get the money for the actual weight of the package. When you go to your local butcher shop you wouldn’t be ok with getting charged for 5kg of meat and only getting 3.

Brown_$$

In my building they eliminated the job of the revenue auditor. The guy that walks around in the pm and weights packages that ups drivers point out as incorrect. What do we as drivers do in a case like this. Ups should get the money for the actual weight of the package. When you go to your local butcher shop you wouldn’t be ok with getting charged for 5kg of meat and only getting 3.
I’m an unloader and jesuusss Christ!! These packages and their weight are never accurate. I use to judge or pick up the package based on the weight number I would see on the label, nope, rookie mistake!

Whither

Scofflaw
Detroit Axle is a big offender too. Label is rarely higher than 30lbs, pkgs often must be close to 70.

On the other side of the coin, I get a kick out of Amazon irregs that have 60lb or greater labels and are light as a feather.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I stop the package when I pick it up. Tell the shipper they’ll have to create a new package label.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is pretty much impossible with the Orion 3.0 upgrade. Lunch has to be recorded in real time, no more not taking it and putting in 12:00-12:50 at end of day.

Assuming their boards don't crash multiple times throughout the day. I could have also mentioned the loading off the clock in the morning. We put an end to all the volunteer work being done around here... bye-bye stock price.

babboo25

Banned
Assuming their boards don't crash multiple times throughout the day. I could have also mentioned the loading off the clock in the morning. We put an end to all the volunteer work being done around here... bye-bye stock price.
Yep aggravating as hell, several come in early to load for free, no life outside of work I guess

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I think dimensional weight is automatically corrected in the automated hubs. I guess they don't care about smaller packages that have incorrect weights.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How’s about we audit the weight of that fat gal that splits the belt

She’s gotta be pushing 300 el bees

ManInBrown

I covered a route where some a55clown would send out 30 bankers boxes NDA every Friday night and leave them outside his garage. Every one said one pound. They were at least 30lb each. Every Friday they went right to the night clerk to be corrected and I made sure I got back late enough so there was no way they could be corrected in time. All 30 got delayed every week from going out till the following Monday.

barnyard

KTM rider
On the other side of the coin, I get a kick out of Amazon irregs that have 60lb or greater labels and are light as a feather.
I had one that was listed at 195 lbs. I said that I would not deliver it on my own. They sent the driver next to me and a supervisor to make sure we did not goof around for a half hour. I moved some other boxes and gave the big one a push. Turned out it weighed closer to 45 lbs, but the dim weight was 195. It could not have gone out the front down, had to go out the back door.