Weight audit.

DriverNerd

In my building they eliminated the job of the revenue auditor. The guy that walks around in the pm and weights packages that ups drivers point out as incorrect. What do we as drivers do in a case like this. Ups should get the money for the actual weight of the package. When you go to your local butcher shop you wouldn’t be ok with getting charged for 5kg of meat and only getting 3.
If UPS doesn't care, neither should you. It used to bother me, but it doesn't affect my pay so I don't worry about it anymore. Don't the airport hubs still weigh everything? I thought actual weights were very important for fuel calculations - or maybe that was just one of those things you hear but isn't true.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If UPS doesn't care, neither should you. It used to bother me, but it doesn't affect my pay so I don't worry about it anymore. Don't the airport hubs still weigh everything? I thought actual weights were very important for fuel calculations - or maybe that was just one of those things you hear but isn't true.

I think they weigh the cans before they go on the plane. So they are weighed, but not necessarily individually.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There is a newer surcharge of 25 dollars for any package over 50 pounds...

Over 70's and
irregulars run about $14 each...

LP packages surcharges run over 125 dollars each...

A lot of lost revenue if not audited correctly..

Whither

Scofflaw
I had one that was listed at 195 lbs. I said that I would not deliver it on my own. They sent the driver next to me and a supervisor to make sure we did not goof around for a half hour. I moved some other boxes and gave the big one a push. Turned out it weighed closer to 45 lbs, but the dim weight was 195. It could not have gone out the front down, had to go out the back door.

Well done haha!