Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

rod

Retired 22 years
carol has blended leadership, management and competency yielding stock gains that her predicessors were unable to do....I would think that the dividends will be raised soon to get money back to the investers.....its great to have carol at the helm...
I would think ALL the credit goes to the hourly employees who are working all the long hours to actually get the job done. Its the same old crap. The peons do all the work and the bosses with their feet on the desk take all the credit.

I would think ALL the credit goes to the hourly employees who are working all the long hours to actually get the job done. Its the same old crap. The peons do all the work and the bosses with their feet on the desk take all the credit.
I can't wait to see what the plan is for peak. We don't have enough package cars now .

j13501

The CEO didn't raise the stock price; the Traders did
Traders move the stock price in the short term, but good pricing decisions and good operating results affect it in the long term.

For example, take a look some pricing information reported in the Wall Street Journal today:

UPS on Friday said the fees could total as much as $3 a package for ground shipments and other lower-priced shipping options and up to $4 a package for air shipments bound for residences. That is significantly higher than the last time UPS instituted additional fees during a peak holiday season, in 2018.

It was reported that these additional fees would apply from mid November to mid January and be applicable to customers who ship more than 25,000 packages per week.
Now, I don't know if this reporting is accurate or not - but I do know that making these kinds of decisions will ensure that if we get exceptionally high volume levels at peak from the largest customers, we will get compensated for that additional volume. A good business decision that helps every employee dealing with peak volume levels and improves earnings margins for the organization during the 4th qtr.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Dividends wont be going up. She's simply riding the COVID wave all freight/package companies are riding.
The reality of how forked up this place is will be in a few months...

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I can't wait to see what the plan is for peak. We don't have enough package cars now .
Seasonals driving trucks with air brakes who barely have a driver's license.
penske.jpg

Popeye

Not sure if you're being facetious or you honestly believe that!
She hasn't done squat except make a speech. Do you actually think 60 days makes a $30+/share difference? LOL
Her decision to adjust pricing based on increased demand made a big difference in the stock price. It’s ironic that the first CEO in years to grow a pair doesn’t actually have a pair 😆.

Karma...

differences include carol being a successful professional from outside the company while the previous ceos were not and were part of the internal good old boy network..........I think carol is forward thinking and plays the ball where its going to be and not where its presently at......I am looking forward to the best well organized peak ever.......previous peaks seemed to come as a shock to the plans................I see dividends increasing as a singular special dividend for the stock holders.......increased stock prices are fine along with better dividends.....better mip as well....union and non-union people must buy stock to make money..........even after the pandemic is over people will continue to buy online so this will continue.....