Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Amazon is an inflated number. Keep on believing the commercial yourself.

You must've skipped out on basic math in 4th grade. Inflated or not, when one buys at $100/share and sells at $800/share that is called "a good investment".......

Not sure what channel your Mom has on, but check sites such as this:

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You must've skipped out on basic math in 4th grade. Inflated or not, when one buys at $100/share and sells at $800/share that is called "a good investment".......

Not sure what channel your Mom has on, but check sites such as this:

They inflate their numbers, just like enron did it will eventually catch up to them.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
LOL...You certainly have a strong grasp of economics and trading...LOL

Here,
Amazon makes money through its retail, subscriptions, and web services, among other channels. Retail remains Amazon's primary source of revenue, with online and physical stores accounting for the biggest share. Amazon Advertising Services is one of company's fastest growing businesses.
Now this should read amazons wealth comes from its web data. They take from the most profitable to prop up all of the other not profitable business ventures.

Karma...

word is that carol will be increasing the dividend by 8 to 10 percent payable in September 2020.......I envision a terrific Peak well-planned and executed via carols leadership.....she is turning the ups ship and running with the wind........better not bigger and back to being the tightest ship in the shipping business !...

rod

Retired 22 years
word is that carol will be increasing the dividend by 8 to 10 percent payable in September 2020.......I envision a terrific Peak well-planned and executed via carols leadership.....she is turning the ups ship and running with the wind........better not bigger and back to being the tightest ship in the shipping business !...
I think the ship sprung a leak that is impossible to fix years ago. I wish her luck but she is up against the cruelest force known to man----Shareholders. You can't make a company great by constantly cutting corners on everything--especially Service. The public demands Service and UPS dropped that years ago. Whoever will deliver the package the cheapest with a little service will win the shipping wars and you know that won't be UPS.

j13501

This was announced yesterday:

ATLANTA , Aug. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The UPS (NYSE: UPS ) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $1.01 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend is payable on September 9, 2020 to shareowners of record on August 24, 2020 .

This announcement keeps the dividend the same as the last two quarters. It appears that she is taking a prudent path and waiting until next year. Traditionally, the board raises the dividend approximately 5% - 9% in the first quarter of each year. With the large amount of growth in residential deliveries right now, it's smart to keep working capital available for more vehicles, building expansions and equipment.

Up In Smoke

This was announced yesterday:

ATLANTA , Aug. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The UPS (NYSE: UPS ) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $1.01 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend is payable on September 9, 2020 to shareowners of record on August 24, 2020 .

This announcement keeps the dividend the same as the last two quarters. It appears that she is taking a prudent path and waiting until next year. Traditionally, the board raises the dividend approximately 5% - 9% in the first quarter of each year. With the large amount of growth in residential deliveries right now, it's smart to keep working capital available for more vehicles, building expansions and equipment.
Last quarter yielded larger volumes and revenue, but it didn't translate into profit. Costs outpaced revenue domestically and profits were smaller than the same quarter of 2019.

Karma...

ideally we should have remained private and gotten a non-user woman ( carol ) years ago.......the management culture among the younger management has deteriorated due to the environment that they are in...the advisors and consultants have been a drag on company since they arrived years ago.......

brown metal coffin

If I were Perez I’d be pretty uncomfortable. IT has been a UPS Achilles heel for a very long time. I’m sure nobody realizes this more than Carol Tome’ finding an IT pronto run IT is probably near the top of her to do list.

I must say I'm really surprised to hear that Perez is on the skids. His partner in crime George Willis may not be to far behind him unless he's distancing himself. Im sure that Tome' has been keeping an eye on the players for quite some time. She's was on the UPS board for over a decade.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I must say I'm really surprised to hear that Perez is on the skids. His partner in crime George Willis may not be to far behind him unless he's distancing himself. Im sure that Tome' has been keeping an eye on the players for quite some time. She's was on the UPS board for over a decade.
Its laughable that either one has a worry in the world. Both are filthy rich now. Its just a game to them.

One day at a time

If she wants to look like a hero.fix the late air every day problem.this costs ups millions every day.then listen to the guys on the street Orion could be much better it's half done and costs ups millions in extra miles and time every day.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Can anyone give me any reasons why UPS stock would keep going up? I feel like it is where it is because of increased volume. Seems to me like things are leveling off, and maybe contracting, until/unless Congress passes more stimulus. I have yet to see any real changes to day to day operations, and no real reason why UPS stock would grow. I don't care what these Tomé cheerleaders are saying. She hasn't been around long enough, nor has she done anything, to have an effect on stock prices. I am selling while the selling is good.