Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Popeye

differences include carol being a successful professional from outside the company while the previous ceos were not and were part of the internal good old boy network..........I think carol is forward thinking and plays the ball where its going to be and not where its presently at......I am looking forward to the best well organized peak ever.......previous peaks seemed to come as a shock to the plans................I see dividends increasing as a singular special dividend for the stock holders.......increased stock prices are fine along with better dividends.....better mip as well....union and non-union people must buy stock to make money..........even after the pandemic is over people will continue to buy online so this will continue.....
Fortunately it looks as though the BOD has decided that the good old boy network will be no more. There’s little doubt that Abney was shown the door before another peak debacle occurred on his watch. He got a severance package. Who gets a severance package when they retire voluntarily? Nobody. They wanted him to play along with the little charade so they paid him off to do so. I bet Richard Peretz got the boot at Carol Tome’s direction also. She couldn’t have been on the board since 2003 and not realized how far over his head that little aerosol was.

JJinVA

differences include carol being a successful professional from outside the company while the previous ceos were not and were part of the internal good old boy network..........I think carol is forward thinking and plays the ball where its going to be and not where its presently at......I am looking forward to the best well organized peak ever.......previous peaks seemed to come as a shock to the plans................I see dividends increasing as a singular special dividend for the stock holders.......increased stock prices are fine along with better dividends.....better mip as well....union and non-union people must buy stock to make money..........even after the pandemic is over people will continue to buy online so this will continue.....

Ive had so many of my customers tell me that now that they can get liquor shipped to their house, they arent going to go back to buying in stores. Theyre just gonna order everything online and avoid the chaos. Def is not ever gonna go back to pre-covid

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Fortunately it looks as though the BOD has decided that the good old boy network will be no more. There’s little doubt that Abney was shown the door before another peak debacle occurred on his watch. He got a severance package. Who gets a severance package when they retire voluntarily? Nobody. They wanted him to play along with the little charade so they paid him off to do so. I bet Richard Peretz got the boot at Carol Tome’s direction also. She couldn’t have been on the board since 2003 and not realized how far over his head that little aerosol was.

I believe that Jim Barber and several others who recently (retired) also got a severance package of (one million) to keep his mouth shut and go out quietly. I never been involved with corporate boards (never invited) but is this a common practice?

I still cannot see the justification of some of our board's salaries and perks. It appears to me that most of these high level positions are redundant...On a daily basis what do they really do during their working day besides sit behind a desk and create, foster and protect their own interests and power structures. The back biting and politics involved must be out of control and with this project transformation and the prospect of them eating their own everyone particularly the in the lower positions in Atlanta has to be nervous and scared...

VacationIsCancelled

I believe that Jim Barber and several others who recently (retired) also got a severance package of (one million) to keep his mouth shut and go out quietly. I never been involved with corporate boards (never invited) but is this a common practice?

I still cannot see the justification of some of our board's salaries and perks. It appears to me that most of these high level positions are redundant...On a daily basis what do they really do during their working day besides sit behind a desk and create, foster and protect their own interests and power structures. The back biting and politics involved must be out of control and with this project transformation and the prospect of them eating their own everyone particularly the in the lower positions in Atlanta has to be nervous and scared...

It will be interesting to see what happens to Juan Perez with the new CEO. Rumors were that Perez was becoming Abney's punching bag at meetings. Is Tome going to allow good opportunities to go to waste while, in old school UPS fashion, it is analyzed and engineered into oblivion?

Karma...

I am optimistic...the proof is in the money...thats the barometer of the type of job management does.....investers dont invest to lose money or mirror the market....any idiot can do that.....I expect / demand stock increases every year at least 5 times annual inflation rate and dividends increase at the same rate.....thats the job and responsibilities of management and the ceo setting the tone........do your job and that is evidenced by the stock price....

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Her decision to adjust pricing based on increased demand made a big difference in the stock price. It’s ironic that the first CEO in years to grow a pair doesn’t actually have a pair 😆.
You do realize it has to do with the peak volume in summer, not a rate hike. That rate hike will reflect next quarter. Smh. I hope you are an hourly.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I am optimistic...the proof is in the money...thats the barometer of the type of job management does.....investers dont invest to lose money or mirror the market....any idiot can do that.....I expect / demand stock increases every year at least 5 times annual inflation rate and dividends increase at the same rate.....thats the job and responsibilities of management and the ceo setting the tone........do your job and that is evidenced by the stock price....

You "Demand"....LOL. Have you seen what the share price / dividend has been for the last 20 or so years????? Your wishful, 60 day view of reality is really amusing

Karma...

yes ive seen it...my view is not based on the past 60 days....its based on since ups went public and had underperformed mightily up until recently...one may say its playing catch-up the past 60 days ....which is under carols reign..one may say its because of her predecessor setting the groundwork....why did those people take so long ?......well. the time view is bc and af......before carol ..after carol meaning now..

Popeye

You do realize it has to do with the peak volume in summer, not a rate hike. That rate hike will reflect next quarter. Smh. I hope you are an hourly.
Pay much attention to the news? Apparently not. It was just announced that UPS will be laying on a peak surcharge of $3 or 4 per package for customers shipping over 25k pieces per week. The stock price jumped. Are you really an imbecile or do you just play one on the internet?

Popeye

It will be interesting to see what happens to Juan Perez with the new CEO. Rumors were that Perez was becoming Abney's punching bag at meetings. Is Tome going to allow good opportunities to go to waste while, in old school UPS fashion, it is analyzed and engineered into oblivion?
If I were Perez I’d be pretty uncomfortable. IT has been a UPS Achilles heel for a very long time. I’m sure nobody realizes this more than Carol Tome’ finding an IT pronto run IT is probably near the top of her to do list.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Here are some observations about the increased package revenue from the ground level by an active "hourly":

a. The corporation is not paying missed service claims by using the "Act of God" clause with COVID-19... I believe they are maybe paying
NDA's..except savers...

b. The recent 25 dollar surcharge on any package over 50 pounds...That should be treated as a irregular but are still being put on the belt
as in the past. These Irregulars are the ones that never make service because of poor manning and planning.

c. The additional handling fee (17 dollars) that was added to any package over 48 inches, reduced from 60 inches.

d. The procedures of filing a claim with damages or claims is tedious and most are denied from the get go...A good percentage of these
claims are irregulars because most of our buildings were never set up to handle over 70's or freight safely. The surcharge of any LP
(Large Package) is well over a 100 dollars...

Somebody on the corporate level made a decision when this pandemic hit back in early march that they may have to lay off hourly (Typical Backward Decision Making)... it was a big mistake. We were not prepared with our logistics (manpower or equipment)
to receive the increased volume associated with the common sense "American Public" that was under a national quarantine order and were afraid to go out and buy products after receiving stimulus checks. Remember that at it's peak this virus furloughed only 20 percent of our total workforce the other essential workers remained and continued working..many from home..which will be the new norm in the future. Now the unemployment numbers are close to 10 percent and dropping, those jobs in the restaurant or travel industries are still hurting, so people are staying home and buying on line....

So another stimulus package is coming just before peak...Do the math and figure what is going to happen..It ain't "Rocket Science"..
The grunts (hourly and operations management) know what is going to happen if the elite management partners make another blunder...I pray for good weather this coming peak, we been lucky in my area for several years now...but we are overdue. Will contingence plans be in put into place to prevent previous disasters during peak because of poor planning or will be be business as usual...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Somebody on the corporate level made a decision when this pandemic hit back in early march that they may have to lay off hourly (Typical Backward Decision Making)... it was a big mistake.
IE was told to draw up contingencies for shutting down hub sorts in Tier 1 hubs (big boys) in expectation of a 40% drawdown in volume that they were told was GOING TO HAPPEN

I never did, the writing was on the wall that the vol wasn't dropping, but the groupthink and delusions that can occur at the Corp level is out of this world

Karma...

one thing I never do is insult someone whose opinion differs from mine....thats a sign of intelligence........seems as if you dont invest to make money...

Carol doing great! The contrast between Carol and Dave Abney is amazing. Great thing for Carol is Abney leftt the bar on the ground his entire tenure. Abney now reaping huge financial gains from his years of incompetence that allowed him to gain a huge number of shares at a suppressed price. Abney is proving there is merit in sucking at your job.

Ou812fu

Here are some observations about the increased package revenue from the ground level by an active "hourly":

a. The corporation is not paying missed service claims by using the "Act of God" clause with COVID-19... I believe they are maybe paying
NDA's..except savers...

b. The recent 25 dollar surcharge on any package over 50 pounds...That should be treated as a irregular but are still being put on the belt
as in the past. These Irregulars are the ones that never make service because of poor manning and planning.

c. The additional handling fee (17 dollars) that was added to any package over 48 inches, reduced from 60 inches.

d. The procedures of filing a claim with damages or claims is tedious and most are denied from the get go...A good percentage of these
claims are irregulars because most of our buildings were never set up to handle over 70's or freight safely. The surcharge of any LP
(Large Package) is well over a 100 dollars...

Somebody on the corporate level made a decision when this pandemic hit back in early march that they may have to lay off hourly (Typical Backward Decision Making)... it was a big mistake. We were not prepared with our logistics (manpower or equipment)
to receive the increased volume associated with the common sense "American Public" that was under a national quarantine order and were afraid to go out and buy products after receiving stimulus checks. Remember that at it's peak this virus furloughed only 20 percent of our total workforce the other essential workers remained and continued working..many from home..which will be the new norm in the future. Now the unemployment numbers are close to 10 percent and dropping, those jobs in the restaurant or travel industries are still hurting, so people are staying home and buying on line....

So another stimulus package is coming just before peak...Do the math and figure what is going to happen..It ain't "Rocket Science"..
The grunts (hourly and operations management) know what is going to happen if the elite management partners make another blunder...I pray for good weather this coming peak, we been lucky in my area for several years now...but we are overdue. Will contingence plans be in put into place to prevent previous disasters during peak because of poor planning or will be be business as usual...
I agree. The party about I hope the other was an hourly. Is they are drinking the koolaide if they think she had anything to do with the bump in the stock.
Needless to say once again we are running an operation on a ghost crew.

Ou812fu

IE was told to draw up contingencies for shutting down hub sorts in Tier 1 hubs (big boys) in expectation of a 40% drawdown in volume that they were told was GOING TO HAPPEN

I never did, the writing was on the wall that the vol wasn't dropping, but the groupthink and delusions that can occur at the Corp level is out of this world
There will be a drop off in volume, but that will happen after the baks are aloud to foreclose on homes.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
AMZN up about 800% over the last 5 years.

UPS up 60% over the same time frame and some people are ecstatic.

Forget drinking it; some are snorting the Kool-Aid!