Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

j13501

I was concerned at first that we were bringing in an outsider as CEO, but after looking at the results from our prior CEO, Dave Abney, she can only be an improvement.

Stock price on David's first day- Sept. 1 2014 ----$97.95
Stock price on his last day - May 29, 2020.....$99.71
1.796% gain over 5 years or .0036 gain per year

Hopefully, it will be a financially successful for all parties (you, the employees and the shareowners)

j13501

Wow, as I write this, UPS share price is at $144.40.

Thank you all UPS employees.....thanks to the drivers, the part-time preload, and hub employees, the management team, the pilots and once again.....welcome and thank you, Carol Tome"

Karma...

obviously ms tome knows what her job is ....return on investment to those who have stock....she is a professional.....well done !......perhaps she will bring in some of. her associates...?..its about time ups/we got a competent professional ceo instead of the losers of the past 20 years.....

Up In Smoke

obviously ms tome knows what her job is ....return on investment to those who have stock....she is a professional.....well done !......perhaps she will bring in some of. her associates...?..its about time ups/we got a competent professional ceo instead of the losers of the past 20 years.....
This quarter was 2/3 in the books when she took over. International profits drove this quarter. Domestic profits is where success will be measured.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
UPS has been a lousy investment since 11/99. If it wasn't for those insane people that gamble on my Covered Calls and my "Fair+" dividends, this stock would have been long gone in my portfolio.
I've doubled, tripled and in my Apple case, quadrupled my Holdings. All by simple Sell/Buy transactions that you can't do with UPS because the Highs are only about 170% on the IPO Offering. Yesterday at a Close of $141. that's 200% and the best time to unload it. The time to get the friend out of UPS is RFN!!! The days of being a "Good Partner" are long gone. If you expect Tome to make significant changes for the employees/shareholders then you have never tried to turn a Carrier (or better yet an LNG Carrier).....

VacationIsCancelled

While it is great to see a jump to $141, let's be real here. The shares you may have owned in November, 1999 have appreciated at roughly 2% compound growth on stock price to July 31, 2020. I get the dividends, but the price increase in 21 years, with no splits, is a joke. Yesterday was the first day it ever crossed doubling it's opening IPO end of day price, just a few months shy of 21 years. Chew on that one.

I will give her this, she already is inspiring more confidence in Wall Street than droopy, dreary David Abney ever did. Guy always looked like he had a black cloud hanging over his head, like the Lil' Abner guy Joe Btfsplk or Winnie the Pooh's Eeyore.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
While it is great to see a jump to $141, let's be real here. The shares you may have owned in November, 1999 have appreciated at roughly 2% compound growth on stock price to July 31, 2020. I get the dividends, but the price increase in 21 years, with no splits, is a joke. Yesterday was the first day it ever crossed doubling it's opening IPO end of day price, just a few months shy of 21 years. Chew on that one.

I will give her this, she already is inspiring more confidence in Wall Street than droopy, dreary David Abney ever did. Guy always looked like he had a black cloud hanging over his head, like the Lil' Abner guy Joe Btfsplk or Winnie the Pooh's Eeyore.
Do any of you believe the stock jump had anything to do with trump saying. That Tomè has some impressive numbers as CEO of ups?

j13501

Lol @ using stock price as a measure of success
It's not a measure of your total success. My success was based on getting opportunities for advancement, getting to work in many different functions in our business, and having the chance to work with people I respect. It also was based on raising children who have become successful as adults.

But let's be truthful. Your job is not easy. I always laugh when I see drivers posting that management people don't work hard - then when you ask them if they want that "easy" management job, they decline. It's many hours at work, travel away from family and relocation when you're needed somewhere else. The stock is the compensation for your efforts.

And a CEO has a staff of corporate department heads that plan the business, manage financials, develop people, manage customers and customer expectations, and operate a business with a mind towards safety, service and productivity/cost. So if a CEO has a team to do all that, what's his or her job? To plan for the future, so the business can grow and prosper AND grow the stock price so all the stakeholders in the business succeed in their investment.

So yes, for a CEO, increasing the stock price is a great measure of success.

Karma...

carol has blended leadership, management and competency yielding stock gains that her predicessors were unable to do....I would think that the dividends will be raised soon to get money back to the investers.....its great to have carol at the helm...