Well, I'm outta here!

raceanoncr

Well race,
First work day of your retirement ... how good does it feel?

Well, Hoax, can't quite tell yet. This is usually my long day up. Get up w/wife about 6 to visit before her work then stay up til 5 PM til nap.

Today, still gotta go down the the factory to turn in browns (yes, ALL of them, don't want nuttin left here) and pass the STEWARD gaunlet to newbie along w/BA, so it's still kinda a work day. BLAHHHH!

raceanoncr

Race, what time did you wake up ???

Unfortunately, More, the mutt was hacking about 6 so had to rush to kick her garfing butt out the door before I had to clean sumthin up. Was OK, but rude awakening all the same. Been up every since. Refer to reply for Hoax for further info.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I assume you have to be 57 with at least 30 years of service to retire with a normal pension in your area. We used to be 30 years at any age but it is now 30 years with a minimum retirement age of 55. I will be 58 when I get my 30 in 2019.

You can go anytime after 30. But you pay a 6% penalty for every year before 55, plus you have to pony up for the medical. So, everybody here waits until 55 before going, at the very least. I will be on go after I turn 55- Piss me off, and I am outta here.........

raceanoncr

I assume you have to be 57 with at least 30 years of service to retire with a normal pension in your area. We used to be 30 years at any age but it is now 30 years with a minimum retirement age of 55. I will be 58 when I get my 30 in 2019.

You can go anytime after 30. But you pay a 6% penalty for every year before 55, plus you have to pony up for the medical. So, everybody here waits until 55 before going, at the very least. I will be on go after I turn 55- Piss me off, and I am outta here.........

ummm...yeah...kinda past 57.

Started here at 31...worked 32...so........

Hangingon

Ouch, our local still has 30 at any age, fortunately since my 30 FT will be at 49. Hope they don't change it in the next 4 years. Congrats again.

raceanoncr

Thanx to everyone for all the congrats. Ain't even started to show any symptoms of "the shakes" or "the bends". Maybe the liquid "stress reliever" has helped in that regard. Praise for everyone that continues. Just had a package driver go the same day with 35. Just can't imagine that. I still say that's the hardest, worst job I have ever had in my life. Kudos to all that do that. Hang in there.