Well it took 2 years and 355 days...

trickpony1

Lobofan-
Many people gauge their self-worth and happiness by how well they did their job that day and whether they were rewarded for doing so. As you know, the rewards offered by the company are in the form of negative reinforcement because you could have always done more.

May I suggest that over the next 6-8 months you SLOWLY decrease the following attributes:

Nice-you are not required to be "Pollyanna" but, by the same token, being an obnoxious sociopath will draw unwanted attention to yourself. You are also not required to help people feel good about themselves. Being the "life of the party" isn't gonna make you more money.
Dependable-You can't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders forever. It's too heavy and takes a terrible toll on the human body. Be human, make a mistake every once in a while. Be a little less accessible and, eventually, they will find someone else to yoke.
Hardworking-I don't know if you are a "runner and gunner" or not but if you are, eventually you will "hit a wall" physically and they will ask why you can't do what you've been doing and a little more. Understand that if you plan to stay in package cars you need to pace yourself NOW. Conserve your physical resources NOW, be safe, use the methods to prolong your life and body. If you can get into feeders I would recommend it ASAP.

The company will take advantage of your good nature and then look at you funny when you question them. Two things you might want to remember:

1)"the pay is the same"-whether you work like a horse or do the minimum expected.
2)"the cemetary is full of heros"-I'm sure you can figure this one out.

Good Luck. I hope the next 27 years fly by for you (hopefully in feeders).

HazMatMan

I made it 17 years without calling in sick- then I screwed my back up. center manager called me at home after about a week off and told me to "get my :censored2: back to work because he knew I was faking it". Don't ya just love em.:whiteflag:
Too bad you didn't have that recorded.