well that sucks

kerbinator

I covered for the truck-parker last night (my first time parking trucks, but I've been doing saturday air for 4 months) and took a corner too sharp and put a small dent in the side of a truck with another one's bumper. I've been part time for a year and a half, and I was about to go full time (most seniority for part timer who actually wanted to go driving) but now I'm disqualified from going full-time for a year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was under the impression that you can only be DQ'd from driving FT while qualifying for a FT job, meaning 30 work day probationary period. Talk to a steward just in case if you haven't.

over9five

Staff member
I don't think that would DQ you. You were doing an inside job, so technically it was not an accident. It was an incident.

Semantics, I know. Talk to your steward.

SWORDFISH

sucks. Funny we have part timers scrape our trucks all the time and no one gets in trouble and we would get an accident on our record for the same ding. All the dings on my truck right now are from christmas parking. Anyway make sure you talk to your steward. An accident shouldnt DQ nor should it if your in your probational period. Who knows though the rules constantly change. Never take a managers word for anything though. Sometimes they tell you the truth and sometimes they make up something and tell you.