Went to a funeral today

rod

Retired 22 years
Went to the funeral today for a good friend and fellow retired UPS driver. I was pleased to see how many retired UPS'ers were there ---probably 90% of those still around the area.. The funeral was over by 11:30 and a few of us decided to go have a beer. Next thing you know there were 16 of us all sharing good stories of "the old times". I just got home about a half hour ago (probably shouldn't have driven but that is another story). It's amazing how the people at my old center, after all these years, are STILL a tight knit group. That is something the new guys will apparently never experience. Nobody now days stops for a beer or probably even knows anything at all about their fellow workers. Sad.

Rest in peace Jake.

floridays

Without slobbering over you, I luv ya rod, you're the type that guided me.
My condolences on the loss of your friend.

I'm sure your Teamster Brother was smiling seeing his friends drinkin a beer or bucketful, in a bar round he provided.
He was there.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Went to the funeral today for a good friend and fellow retired UPS driver. I was pleased to see how many retired UPS'ers were there ---probably 90% of those still around the area.. The funeral was over by 11:30 and a few of us decided to go have a beer. Next thing you know there were 16 of us all sharing good stories of "the old times". I just got home about a half hour ago (probably shouldn't have driven but that is another story). It's amazing how the people at my old center, after all these years, are STILL a tight knit group. That is something the new guys will apparently never experience. Nobody now days stops for a beer or probably even knows anything at all about their fellow workers. Sad.
Condolences extended...