The strangest thing happened today.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were 12 of us retired UPS'ers sitting at Perkins this morning having our once a month retiree get-together when in walked a UPS driver with an On Car riding with him. I didn't know the Sup as he joined UPS after I retired. They came over to say hi and all of a sudden this Sup flashes his UPS Corporate Credit Card. He says he just got it and wanted to try it out so he picked up the tab for ALL of our breakfasts. Funny how it only took 30 years at UPS and another 21 of retirement to run into a nice one.

floridays

There were 12 of us retired UPS'ers sitting at Perkins this morning having our once a month retiree get-together when in walked a UPS driver with an On Car riding with him. I didn't know the Sup as he joined UPS after I retired. They came over to say hi and all of a sudden this Sup flashes his UPS Corporate Credit Card. He says he just got it and wanted to try it out so he picked up the tab for ALL of our breakfasts. Funny how it only took 30 years at UPS and another 21 of retirement to run into a nice one.
Invite him to your once a month, you may be surprised, his dad might have been one of you.
Just a thought.

rod

Retired 22 years
Invite him to your once a month, you may be surprised, his dad might have been one of you.
Just a thought.
I've heard through the grapevine he is just like any other Sup around work. In fact after he left one of the retired drivers at the table said he and this guy were nose to nose one morning on the sort table and only another driver stepping between them probably saved 2 jobs.

floridays

I've heard through the grapevine he is just like any other Sup around work. In fact after he left one of the retired drivers at the table said he and this guy were nose to nose one morning on the sort table and only another driver stepping between them probably saved 2 jobs.
Carry on.
You are most likely correct. I was just trying to look for a rosy side. It's unfortunate it probably doesn't exist.
I hope you ordered steak or pork chops and eggs. :thumbup1:

Indecisi0n

You guys are all like 80 so what did you order 1 egg and half a slice of rye bread ? The bill was probably like $20.00 combined.

rod

Retired 22 years
You guys are all like 80 so what did you order 1 egg and half a slice of rye bread ? The bill was probably like $20.00 combined.
At 74 I was the oldest at this one, We have one older one who comes to these and he is in his 80's. He already left for Arizona for the winter. The youngest retiree was probably 52 or 53. (same age I was when I bailed out.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had 2 eggs, french toast and sausage. I still eat like a horse. One of the young guys did have a muffin but everyone else had a real breakfast. If we would have know that Supervisor was going to pick up the tab we all would have had steak and eggs. I did ask him if I could get whole a Perkins pie on his company card but he declined.