We're buying a house.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If he feels slighted so be it, he ruined his credit, and I ain't payin' for it. That's how I feel.

Again, I am sorry about the house, it took me a few years to fix my credit, but I did it, and you can too.
Funny thing is my credit isn't all that bad. Just some movement on it lately is what got me flushed.

bigbrownhen

Sorry to hear about that Steve. I'm with you on the "not so good with money". Im a maroon when it comes to finances. We were really dumb in our 20's, and ruined our credit. We are trying to be alot wiser in our 30's. By the time we retire, we may have saved a few dollars, just maybe...

Big Babooba

Funny thing is my credit isn't all that bad. Just some movement on it lately is what got me flushed.
Steve don't be discouraged. I had a hell of a time getting refinanced so I could buy out the ex. Even with excellent credit, my potential lender bent me over backwards. After the deal fell through, I went elsewhere and got a loan without any problem. What was even nicer was that I ended up with a rate that was .75% less than the first lender. There are lenders willing to work with you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve don't be discouraged. I had a hell of a time getting refinanced so I could buy out the ex. Even with excellent credit, my potential lender bent me over backwards. After the deal fell through, I went elsewhere and got a loan without any problem. What was even nicer was that I ended up with a rate that was .75% less than the first lender. There are lenders willing to work with you.
Thanks Big B, maybe I'll do just this.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Try checking out the Dave Ramsey talk show on the radio. He gives great sound advice on many issues including home buying. Plus, if you think you have not-so-great credit, listen to some of the people who call in and how they got so far down the financial hole its truly thought provoking.

With 5 kids,we wish you the best to find suitable housing, there are many different options and programs you can apply for, be patient and persistent.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Try checking out the Dave Ramsey talk show on the radio. He gives great sound advice on many issues including home buying. Plus, if you think you have not-so-great credit, listen to some of the people who call in and how they got so far down the financial hole its truly thought provoking.

With 5 kids,we wish you the best to find suitable housing, there are many different options and programs you can apply for, be patient and persistent.

I am in the 2nd month of my Total Money Makeover. Do yourself a favor and read his book.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, so we've been turned down on the house deal and have opted to rent a house. We've found a house that is 2 miles closer to work, 1000sqft bigger and has a swimming pool. We signed the lease today and start moving in tomorrow and should be done by Sunday. I'll have pictures soon. Oh, and for those of you that are curious, PM me and I'll tell you how much the rent is.

klein

Für Meno :)
Very beautiful home.
My advice: Lock in your interesst rate for as long as you can !
Never see rates this low again in your lifetime !

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Okay, so we've been turned down on the house deal and have opted to rent a house. We've found a house that is 2 miles closer to work, 1000sqft bigger and has a swimming pool. We signed the lease today and start moving in tomorrow and should be done by Sunday. I'll have pictures soon. Oh, and for those of you that are curious, PM me and I'll tell you how much the rent is.
Sorry to hear that. Sounded like you were really pumped about being a homeowner. Sounds like the lease is cool, though.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sorry to hear that. Sounded like you were really pumped about being a homeowner. Sounds like the lease is cool, though.
I was, but you gotta go with the flow sometimes.

Here's some pics of the new pad. My wife absolutely loves this place. We may try to work something out with the owner. I forgot to mention that the back of the house is on a golf course.
100_1043.jpg
100_1044.jpg
100_1048.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here's some pics of the new pad. My wife absolutely loves this place. We may try to work something out with the owner. I forgot to mention that the back of the house is on a golf course.

Very nice Steve and it has a pool with the obligatory screening.
I found out the hard way about pools in Central and South Florida without being screened in. State bird should be a mosquito.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I found out the hard way about pools in Central and South Florida without being screened in. State bird should be a mosquito.

As a boy growing up in Florida, my grandfather caught a mosquito and kept it as a pet.... until it broke the chain and got away. :wink2:

The place looks nice Steve. Any golf ball size holes in that pool screening?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You ain't kidding!

As a boy growing up in Florida, my grandfather caught a mosquito and kept it as a pet.... until it broke the chain and got away. :wink2:

The place looks nice Steve. Any golf ball size holes in that pool screening?
No holes, but finding plenty of golf balls near the screen and in the landscaping.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm just curious how much rent would be ?
Here, a 2 bedroom apartment goes for $1000 month.
A house like that... wow.
more like $5000 and up.