West coast PT to FT time frame?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by KhalDan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

I'm currently working in DFW, but the preloader to driver time frame is still only 1-1.5, 2 years max at my hub.

Does anyone know what that kind of time frame would be for locations such as Los Angeles and the surrounding cities? I'm about 6 months into my seniority here, so I figured it's better I do all the researching into a possible transfer now rather than to wait much longer.

2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

You can't even afford to live in a tent on driver pay in los Angeles
    Research that

3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Why, though?

4. KhalDan

KhalDan New Member

The question is 60% curiosity, 40% chance of actually attempting a transfer. The reasoning is just personal preference of which place i'd rather spend the rest of my life in.

5. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Stay in the free world. I work in the Los Angeles area. I can't wait to leave this god awful state when I retire.

6. LeaveIt2Griever

LeaveIt2Griever FileFileFile

Took me a whole 4 months as a PTer before I got the call to go FT driving. Failed my 30 days on the first go-around, went back to working in the hub for a year, then passed my 30 the second time around.

Sucks that I didn’t make it the first time, but the good thing is that year I had to wait before trying to go FT again counted towards my progression.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You're gonna leave Texas for Los Angeles?

Sound like you're management material to me. Sign up immediately.

8. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

His girlfriend is on welfare. Free housing!

9. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

The wait is probably 6-7 years right now.