what a waste of money!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Golden Rule of UPS Management:

Spending $500 in order to save a dime is perfectly acceptable as long as you make that dime show up on your report and the $500 show up on someone else’s.

upsgrunt

We have so many light bulbs burned out in our building that I'm surprised the pre-loaders can see what car to go in. We also have boxes of bulbs laying around, but the porters get in trouble if they try to change them, because that work must be contracted out. We're down to 3 rolls of toilet paper- I'm glad I'm off next week; we had to "borrow" tape from another center because there was not one roll in the building. We have gotten food every year for the last 32 years of peak- this year nothing. I'm sure the managers got their bonus though. A dozen pizzas would have said something; nothing says "you don't matter".

We have so many light bulbs burned out in our building that I'm surprised the pre-loaders can see what car to go in. We also have boxes of bulbs laying around, but the porters get in trouble if they try to change them, because that work must be contracted out. We're down to 3 rolls of toilet paper- I'm glad I'm off next week; we had to "borrow" tape from another center because there was not one roll in the building. We have gotten food every year for the last 32 years of peak- this year nothing. I'm sure the managers got their bonus though. A dozen pizzas would have said something; nothing says "you don't matter".
The food was a safety issue. They don't want us to get fat. They actually did us a favor...

WTFm8

I drove a tractor from HARPA to STAVA yesterday. When I went to leave I went to crank up my window and it fell down off the track. They didn't have the parts in STAVA to fix it, but funny enough HARPA does. So they give me another tractor to take to HARPA.
I get back to HARPA and give our shop the keys to my borrowed tractor and tell them, "Why don't you put the parts to fix our tractor in it to take down tomorrow with a regular driver who waits down there 3 hours and they can fix ours while he waits and get their tractor back in the mean time, then he can bring our tractor back with his return load?" The shop manager says, "nah, it will be easier if we tow theirs back to STAVA and then tow our tractor back here to HARPA." WTF!!!! So instead of the easiest solution they will spend nearly $3,000 in towing. So dumb.

Then today I get to UFRNY (MayBrook NY) and a driver from another building near us had a breakdown. Freight wouldn't give him one of their tractors. His shop was going to tow a tractor up for him to bring back (4 hours away). I said, "call them back and see if I can take you back to HARPA with me and you can catch a ride with another driver to LANPA from there." Calls are made and he rides back with me.
So the solution to get his tractor back........
Freight is going to fix his tractor and will be ready next week. LANPA going to give him a tractor to drive up and swap for his tractor and leave the replacement there and have a tow company bring it back. I asked, "Why don't you just start a driver from the call board at the same time and he can ride up with the regular driver and then bring back the second truck." The response........"nah, it's easier to have it towed." But it will cost them $1,500 in towing rather than paying another driver $400 to drive it back. Silliness!!

What happens if you were to report this to the integrity number or someone in regional/district management? Lower management purposely burning money.

Faceplanted

Don’t :censored2: with Florida man. We out here thuggin, mean muggin, and your wife hugging.... And her cuzin.

Florida man.... fukswitit. Imagine shoveling snow. Imagine being more than 45 min away from a beach. I’d rather take the stray bullets from a meth head than deal with ice. See what I did there?

Gimme another shot of Tito’s.