What are some of your biggest pet peeves working at Brown?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The little blank labels that cover the barcodes and addresses. Typically found on the smalls. Never have figured out their purpose

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Oh so get this schnit...I actually took the time to read my supplement. So, finally PTers with seniority can doubleshift as jumpers during peak...over the temp ones. But we only make 12.75 an hour as a jumper (not our regular rate)....with OT after 8 hours....are u friggin kidding me? Yes...can I please make 8 bucks less an hour to do more work? Sign me up. Granted money is money but that blows!
your PT rate is over $20/hr with seven? years in? I'm almost double the years and barely 20/hr if part-time

Packmule

The lack of a "closed for the season" icon, and still no driver release at winter closed campgrounds, etc, when owner lives on the property.
Generally speaking, trying to make UPS policies designed in Atlanta, work in rural America.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The lack of a "closed for the season" icon, and still no driver release at winter closed campgrounds, etc, when owner lives on the property.
Generally speaking, trying to make UPS policies designed in Atlanta, work in rural America.

I agree---we do need a "closed for the season" icon. I use "too late" and then will write "closed for the season" in the service cross.

You need to make an arrangement with the campground owner to get those packages delivered, whether it be SDN's or a lock box.

oldngray

nowhere special
....help carry our radios and pillows....

your doughnut pillow?
KabootiFeatures.png

Packmule

Pro
I agree---we do need a "closed for the season" icon. I use "too late" and then will write "closed for the season" in the service cross.

You need to make an arrangement with the campground owner to get those packages delivered, whether it be SDN's or a lock box.
Problem is country people are always "gonna get around to signing some off." Stacks of blank DN sitting there where they have since two years ago.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
All the crying from the runners every morning. To many stops, to much bulk, and oh I have that area. The only problem I have is where to take my lunch. Stop running and your stress level will be much lower.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
HR...seriously one of the most useless departments in my hub. anytime i have a question i'm just told to call a number for info.

HBGPreloader

My biggest pet peeve is whiny drivers :)

Seriously though, we have the system that prints the label right on the package - red ink.

Yet, some attempt to print these labels on the red areas of the packages from Grainger and others and expect me to read it.

Ms.PacMan

This has more to do with the job than UPS - encountering seniors out for a drive down lanes that are private property. These are single lanes up to 1/4 mile, that are usually impassable, and they have the nerve to expect me to back up. it's happened so much in the last decade that I'm downright hostile towards them now.

PT Car Washer

If the lanes are less then a 1/4 mile long just walk them off. The weather where I am at has been perfect the last couple weeks. Getting paid $33.++/ hr for taking a walk. It is all about the attitude.