What are we getting for founders day?

Just Lurking

and how about the fact that the only way he offers to ship it is via the post office.

At least he is not using FedEx. Guess he wanted to use an union carrier.:wink:

Funny thing is that I will always try to use UPS and sometimes will not buy from certain vendors because of their shipping method. I have only been burned once with damage in 20 years.

traveler

Where next? Venice
More of these things are escaping. :crying: Twenty pieces for sale here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNITED-PARCEL-S...ryZ14051QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

c1d5_2.JPG

Dutch Dawg

hey, somebody paid 300.00 for this item !!!!!!!!!

They did? Where? Which auction was that?

If this is indeed the Founders Day handout. It's sad that someone already has 15 (A CARTON) of these to sell at auction and in all probability like everything else there won't be enough to go around in our building.

Dutch Dawg

Never kept any of that stuff. I don't even send in for the safety awards and threw away my 20 year award box.

This is not the first time I've heard an employee make this comment and it's difficult for me to understand. To me this would be like someone saying they didn't file for a tax refund cause they were angry at the way government functions. Just don't make no sense to me.

diesel96

At least he is not using FedEx. Guess he wanted to use an union carrier.:wink:

Funny thing is that I will always try to use UPS and sometimes will not buy from certain vendors because of their shipping method. I have only been burned once with damage in 20 years.

It's to bad UPS won't give their own employees a discount when shipping.When we go to UPSERS web site and see discounts available from various vendors and then I ask myself, why can't our own Co. give us a break on shipping costs? So how bout it UPS,if you can give Pottery Barn discounts how bout your own people? Thats all I'm asking for Founders Day...Keep the cake and OJ!

Hello everyone..(I know this prolly isn't the right place for this)

Wow, this is my first post and I have to say that I am amazed. After reading everyones posts and signatures it occured to me...UPS is the same everywhere.

By the way..Dragracer, this has been my saying for along time, When working for UPS the less you know the better off you are!!!!

nice to see someone else feels the same way!:thumbup1:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They did? Where? Which auction was that?

If this is indeed the Founders Day handout. It's sad that someone already has 15 (A CARTON) of these to sell at auction and in all probability like everything else there won't be enough to go around in our building.

Dutch Dawg, you make an excellent point. If someone is selling fifteen of these, thats fourteen more than they should have gotten if they are a UPS employee. It sounds like someone stole company property and I think we need to send LP Guy after them! I would be ticked off if I lived in this guys area and didn't get one because of this. I don't mind so much if someone tries to sell the one they get, it just shows they have little pride and are ungrateful to the company that employs them

Back in 1996, the Olympics were in Atlanta, and of course, UPS helped sponsor them. One of the hottest selling Olympic Pins was a brown P600 pin. Everyone here was supposed to get one, but nobody in my Hub did. They "disappeared" in another Hub nearby, somehow. A couple of days after Eric Rudolph set off the Olympic Park bomb, I took my family down there to check the Olympics out. I ran into a UPS Olympic Volunteer Host, and she gave me one after I told her I didn't get one. I pinned it to my shirt with the other UPS pins, and several people walked up and tried to buy it off of me, two of them offered me forty bucks. I still have it.

satellitedriver

According to the EBay ad, this is an extremely rare item made from the first UPS airplane. If we have 400,000 employees and everyone gets one, how rare is that? :confused:1
I think it is rare, because they aren't still flying it. I drive an old P5 with 700k on it and our mechanic told me it is not scheduled to be replaced in the next 2yrs. There is a 1950's model still running a route in Tyler, Tx. It really is cool looking.
PAX

dudebro

In my district the founders day present was described as a "tricket", but they won't be handing them out because we didn't receive enough from corporate from everyone, so they're holding them back for now so as not to cause "confusion".
And you drivers be glad you get fresh cake. When I was on the midnight I got hard leftover crumbs every year!

labels_up

Box slinger
Our hub is probably getting the same ol' hot dogs, from the looks of the posters I've seen.

Hot dogs again. W00T.

One time our safety committee had hot dogs for our zero injury cookout and my friend got his hot dog wrapped in not a hot dog bun, but a regular slice of white bread.

Yep, they are too cheap to give us actual hot dog buns.

:thumbup1:

raceanoncr

Well, as of 10:35 AM today (punchout time), we got absolutely NADA in the local feeder dept. Oh, did I miss it? No, cuz you can always see remnants on counter for few days. Not even a glance from feeder sups or mgr. "Thanks for job well done and bringing it back safely!!!" :lol:

I musta not heard that too cuz of my age.

happybob

Feeders
Just to think, the company has enough money to waste on trinkets, and yes I'm sure they were made in China. Just think of how much they saved, not only with the cost of having them made there, but being able to ship them back on one of their regular cargo flights. Show them at the PCM what you think of the trinket trick by telling them you don't want it, in front of everyone there. They will ask you why, and you can tell them you, like most anyone else, would prefer a gift of $$$$$$. Tell them not to waste the money on a meaningless piece of junk.

labels_up

Box slinger
Heh. You mentioned "a piece of a plane" and I'm thinking it would be funny if a bunch of us at my hub got pieces that actually fit together, maybe we'd end up with a pilot's seat or something...:tongue_sm

Leftinbuilding

THIS JUST IN........in a late announcement UPS said there had been a mistake re the 100th ann. gift. It is not part of a UPS plane. It had flown on a UPS plane from Taiwan.