What are you listening to? Part 6

moreluck

golden ticket member
Beta was slightly better. Hardly any difference in normal use but was definitely better when you started making copies of copies. The odd tape length probably killed it more than anything else.
Beta sure disappeared faster than it took BlockBuster. There's still one Blockbuster in Bend, Oregon

oldngray

nowhere special
Beta sure disappeared faster than it took BlockBuster. There's still one Blockbuster in Bend, Oregon
Back when tape movie rentals were big almost nothing was on Beta. It was first (I think) but remained a niche market. One of my sisters was a big Beta fan and wouldn't shut up about how much better Beta was.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back when tape movie rentals were big almost nothing was on Beta. It was first (I think) but remained a niche market. One of my sisters was a big Beta fan and wouldn't shut up about how much better Beta was.
I wasn't obnoxious about it, I let the exclusivity do the talking!

Whitelexus

I still have a VCR (VHS) hooked up to my TV but haven't used it in a long time. I DVR stuff too.
I was just at my parents house and Dad still has a VHS player too. Asked him if it’s compatible with their tv and he said, ‘no.’ “Why do you have this, Dad?” He tells me he can hook the vcr up thru the dvd player, then into the blu-ray player (more redundancy) then into the tv. Why God, Why?! Lol
Not sure how many vhs tapes he’s watching nowadays but I can’t imagine it’s worth the headache lol

KOG72

I’m full of it
I was just at my parents house and Dad still has a VHS player too. Asked him if it’s compatible with their tv and he said, ‘no.’ “Why do you have this, Dad?” He tells me he can hook the vhs player up thru the dvd player, then into the blu-ray player (more redundancy) then into the tv. Why God, Why?! Lol
Not sure how many vhs tapes he’s watching nowadays but I can’t imagine it’s worth the headache lol
50 cent a piece at a yard sale

KOG72

I’m full of it
I was just at my parents house and Dad still has a VHS player too. Asked him if it’s compatible with their tv and he said, ‘no.’ “Why do you have this, Dad?” He tells me he can hook the vcr up thru the dvd player, then into the blu-ray player (more redundancy) then into the tv. Why God, Why?! Lol
Have a whole closest full of Disney tapes for sale

KOG72

I’m full of it
I’m not sure you realize how frustrating this is for your kids. When you pass away, the kids will be cussing you out while trashing all this junk. Lol
Well we usually try to have a yard sale once a year hopefully this will be the year my wife let’s me sell that crap