What are you listening to? Part 6

KoennenTiger

This thread should be renamed songs grandpa remembers. Plus grandpa's kids, who think heavy metal is rebellious. What's next gonna show us how cool you are with some joe satriani?

Hey Boi I'll keep this thread going. Remember the clowns?

Milenko makes more sense when you're smoking meth.

KoennenTiger

This song means a lot to me for a specific reason.
Two of the clowns were on stage with David Gilmour in the previous I played, Shine on you crazy diamond.
Another example of music, or at least the musicians that endure time. Last time I heard CSN they didn't play this song, it was early probably 2004 at Fiddler's Green, have no idea if they play it now, their music endures nonetheless.
@Harry Manback , are you finding a trend?

How many grandkids did you have grooving out to this sweetness?

floridays

This thread should be renamed songs grandpa remembers. Plus grandpa's kids, who think heavy metal is rebellious. What's next gonna show us how cool you are with some joe satriani?

Hey Boi I'll keep this thread going. Remember the clowns?

Milenko makes more sense when you're smoking meth.
This was directed to me, I don't whither, even in the hot sun.

I'm not cool, I don't try to be, you obviously have missed my uncoolnes in other forums.
I guess our definition of music and noise are different, I'm just not real large on noise that glorifies gang banger's and punks that try to elevate themselves or get credibility by demeaning women, and selling dope to kids.

I'm not big on the same type of tough guys enlisting kids to do their dirty work to save their punk :censored2: from prosecution, and make a cheap dime. It's just not really what attracts me.
Not sure if I attacked heavy metal, it's not my first preference but it does not move me like rap sht does.

Be very careful, there's a saying, "You turn into you parents."
I think there is a lot of truth in the statement. I remember a lot of bands or the music I listened to and my dad saying , (and this is a direct quote,)

"I wouldn't go see them if they were playing across the street for free"

My guess, you'll be the same.
A lot of "my" music is dead now, much of it lives.

I traveled the road you're on long ago, had the same thoughts and opinions. I didn't have the time of day for Sinatra or a lot of what my parents liked, that same mindset lives on, I'm grandpa speaking to you.

I'm not busting balls, I merely made a statement of fact, as I perceive my fact, You like what you like, I'll like what I like, that makes the world go round.
I do think however my post was, or should have been directed at the prevalent message of a genre,... rap. If I failed to convey that message, it's my inefficient use of the language.
The message the majority of rap projects will only live as long as a society accepts that message (my opinion). In all truthfulness is that the type of society you prefer to live your final days in.?
If so, knock yourself out, I'm closer to having a tag on my toe every day.
The culture and miscreants that feel empowered, by a part of the message, don't affect me, until they do, ... I carry.
I'll leave you with two, a whitey and an offering from some black guy's

Actually three, a first recording and a ten years later live, the Isley Brothers and Ronnie Isley.

I prefer lady's being treated as the Isley's rather than today's rapper treatment. I mean Hell, we all have mothers some even have sisters.

Last edited by a moderator:

floridays

The sharks are to rile others!!
Bobby Darin was bigger IMO than Elvis or the Beatles. My car only plays Bobby hits!!
I actually do remember you saying this earlier when I sent you a Bobby Darin song. The part about the music in your car.
Best wishes to you, take a drive, you'll be smiling before you leave your driveway

I tried to pawn a Ricky Nelson off, you didn't buy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I actually do remember you saying this earlier when I sent you a Bobby Darin song. The part about the music in your car.
Best wishes to you, take a drive, you'll be smiling before you leave your driveway

I tried to pawn a Ricky Nelson off, you didn't buy.
Didn't care much for the Travelin' Man.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Another that endures, oops I see the walrus and a nash they have music that endures the test of time as well Mr. Manback, not picking a fight, making a point

Pink Floyd on the moon.png

KoennenTiger

This was directed to me, I don't whither, even in the hot sun.

I'm not cool, I don't try to be, you obviously have missed my uncoolnes in other forums.
I guess our definition of music and noise are different, I'm just not real large on noise that glorifies gang banger's and punks that try to elevate themselves or get credibility by demeaning women, and selling dope to kids.

I'm not big on the same type of tough guys enlisting kids to do their dirty work to save their punk :censored2: from prosecution, and make a cheap dime. It's just not really what attracts me.
Not sure if I attacked heavy metal, it's not my first preference but it does not move me like rap sht does.

Be very careful, there's a saying, "You turn into you parents."
I think there is a lot of truth in the statement. I remember a lot of bands or the music I listened to and my dad saying , (and this is a direct quote,)

"I wouldn't go see them if they were playing across the street for free"

My guess, you'll be the same.
A lot of "my" music is dead now, much of it lives.

I traveled the road you're on long ago, had the same thoughts and opinions. I didn't have the time of day for Sinatra or a lot of what my parents liked, that same mindset lives on, I'm grandpa speaking to you.

I'm not busting balls, I merely made a statement of fact, as I perceive my fact, You like what you like, I'll like what I like, that makes the world go round.
I do think however my post was, or should have been directed at the prevalent message of a genre,... rap. If I failed to convey that message, it's my inefficient use of the language.
The message the majority of rap projects will only live as long as a society accepts that message (my opinion). In all truthfulness is that the type of society you prefer to live your final days in.?
If so, knock yourself out, I'm closer to having a tag on my toe every day.
The culture and miscreants that feel empowered, by a part of the message, don't affect me, until they do, ... I carry.
I'll leave you with two, a whitey and an offering from some black guy's

Actually three, a first recording and a ten years later live, the Isley Brothers and Ronnie Isley.

I prefer lady's being treated as the Isley's rather than today's rapper treatment. I mean Hell, we all have mothers some even have sisters.

You just can't help but embarrass yourself can you boomer? Yes boomer, you are still cool! :student:

So cool! You totally fell for it didn't you?

Next you can tell me that you really understand women, cause you've got three sisters and a cold cock.

I'm going to become my father? Cause genetics? You don't say? But who exactly is my father? Do you think my whore boomer mom is going to tell you? Maybe she'll tell me if I ever talk to her again. Do you think I'm going to feelz at you because during your time the women around were my whore boomer mom?

I hate her more then I could ever care about you. You don't matter try nothing nobody.

Cool dead songs with your dead life boomer go take out a reverse mortgage to finalize your hollow life.