What are you listening to? Part 6

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Best shows were at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. Nice small venue. Back in the 70's. Pousette- Dart Band among others.

built in 1852

2700 capacity.

Last edited:

floridays

For you specifically @Harry Manback , we may not or we may agree on other things, I don't know, don't really care, but we seem to like some of the same type of music.

I love this song, I send it to you personally, take care of yourself my friend :thumbup1::thumbup1:
trust you'll like the tune, if you don't .....oh well.

Take care my friend, my best to you and yours.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
@olroadbeech , that’s where we saw him !
Was kind of sad to see that wonderful old venue needing so much repair
ya. it's only 167 years old.

so a lot of great groups there but don't remember anyone big. Saw Aerosmith in a small bar before they got big. Everyone knew at the time they would be big. Saw Tom Petty , Crosby Stills Nash and Young , and Neil Young alone many Times at the "Garden"and Providence Civic Center. There was so much smoke from pot I can hardly remember those concerts.

Aerosmith after they got big. Almost saw the Beatles at Suffolk Downs but was only a kid and my folks would let me go. Almost ran away with a couple friends to hitch hike to Woodstock in 69 but chickened out.

Really was the golden age of rock. the teen magazines were huge. had a big collection of 45's. earned the money by cashing in coke bottles for 2 cents , haha.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You grew up in Dorchester if I remember!
I grew up in Malden
Wakefield until 6th grade then Weymouth. can't remeber what year it was but their was a big explosion in either melrose or malden that we heard at our house in wakefield. it was about 7-10 miles away. had to be in the 60's cause we moved in 1967. ( Celtics were still winning rings every damn year )

might have mentioned dorchester for some other reason.

floridays

Wore out this album. had to buy 3-4 replacements on ebay.

this whole album was gold. i taped the song "Words" about 7 times on a cassette tape so I could listen to it on a loop.
Beautiful song, I understand why you did that.
Clearly my favorite song on the album, clearly one of the favorite songs of my life.

We were fortunate to live in that "age."

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Wakefield until 6th grade then Weymouth. can't remeber what year it was but their was a big explosion in either melrose or malden that we heard at our house in wakefield. it was about 7-10 miles away. had to be in the 60's cause we moved in 1967. ( Celtics were still winning rings every damn year )

might have mentioned dorchester for some other reason.
Wakefield still very nice place , Malden not so much today , I was born in 64 , only small memories of the 60’s , Malden went down the tubes in late 80’s glad o moved north