What are you listening to? Part 6

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
When Paramore's new one came out the other day, I wasn't sure what to think of it. But it's been growing on me. I guess I need to stop expecting to hear a 12th Riot! track every time they put out new music and just listen to it for what it is without any kind of preconceived expectation: new music.

If you like dominating female leads...give a listen to Lacey Strum..

Vocal range is out of this World...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Good luck finding King Crimson music on you tube.
Three great bands you mentioned, Floyd is my favorite of that genre.

I had a talk with one of my son’s friends and brought up early Genesis and his remark was that he enjoyed the pop stuff from the 90’s when he was growing up. He never knew that Genesis was one of the most progressive Rock bands in the early 70’s...

Told to listen 🎧 to “Suppers Ready”...even now
nearly 50 years from it’s conception it still places you in another world.

The band were still in their early 20’s when they recorded that song. I believe it is over 20 minutes long so be prepared.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a talk with one of my son’s friends and brought up early Genesis and his remark was that he enjoyed the pop stuff from the 90’s when he was growing up. He never knew that Genesis was one of the most progressive Rock bands in the early 70’s...

The band were still in their early 20’s when they recorded that song. I believe it is over 20 minutes long so be prepared.
I think they were a little better after Peter Gabriel left in the mid 70's. And Then There Were Three was really good.

floridays

I had it, I like Yes, second favorite band of that era, Floyd was first.
I know long ones.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've posted some Alan Parsons Project here, got the same response that ya give when ya have a case of jock itch.
I liked Alan Parson's as well old n gray. Great stuff.

Everybody have fun tonight!
A lot of crossover between those bands. Alan Parsons worked with Pink Floyd on Dark Side of the Moon

Last edited:

floridays

Maybe one or two, ok maybe one will give it a listen, It's here for the kid that comes here in the future lookin for good music.
"WTF, this :poop: is good."

My contribution guy or gal in the future, You're right, "It's good :poop:."
Give18 1/2 minutes kid, may put a twinkle in your grandpappy's eye when you turn him on to it.

floridays

Maybe one or two, ok maybe one will give it a listen, It's here for the kid that comes here in the future lookin for good music.
"WTF, this :poop: is good."

My contribution guy or gal in the future, You're right, "It's good :poop:."
Give18 1/2 minutes kid, may put a twinkle in your grandpappy's eye when you turn him on to it.
I guess you can call me Jimmy two times today. I haven't listened to it in so long,
I had to two time it.