What bad timing this is!

undies

I'm about to go on FMLA any day now, my wife is set to have our first baby(YAY!).

My old back injury seems to have flared up this morning after 21 months of working relatively pain free. I called in sick to see my chiropractor and hope she can work a miracle.

I'm concerned how all this may affect my leave to bond with my child if it doesn't get better. Anybody have a similar incident occur? Or have any advice?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
An old back injury pays much better than FMLA does. Its a gift, take it. Hoping you can be home on leave relatively pain free, while you heal and bond, and get paid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't believe all this "you got to bond" crapola. My dad never held me once that I recall, but boy was he a great dad!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't believe all this "you got to bond" crapola. My dad never held me once that I recall, but boy was he a great dad!

Dads really only need to hear your last sentence. Hope you got the chance to tell him. Bond? Make the kid tough. Must be your wife's idea

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
IMO it is nice, but my dad never bonded with me either. Until I could talk and go to the races with him. I think the jury is still out. I turned out fine, my Kids turned out fine. No breast feeding, or stay at home Mom here. Stuff a bottle in their mouth and love them, thats a requirement. The rest is nice, but they probably wont be a serial killer, if they dont have all the touchy feely, fuzzy stuff, from my experience.............This is just my opinion tho, so.......

I took a month off with my first child. It was a great experience for me as I had never even held a baby. Some people need this kind of experience and I was one of them. My dad was a rotten human being and a bad dad but I'm a good father. Things work out different for others. I support this man and commend him for helping his wife. A good wife should be cherished.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I took off 4 weeks after my first child was born. But it wasn't really for "bonding". It was more to help out the wife and also learn how to do fatherly things like taking care of a baby. Just because my dad couldn't do it doesn't mean that I couldn't do it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't take any time off-----but back then none of the guys did-----if they did it was only for one day to bring the wife and kid home from the hospital.

UPSGUY72

I'm about to go on FMLA any day now, my wife is set to have our first baby(YAY!).

My old back injury seems to have flared up this morning after 21 months of working relatively pain free. I called in sick to see my chiropractor and hope she can work a miracle.

I'm concerned how all this may affect my leave to bond with my child if it doesn't get better. Anybody have a similar incident occur? Or have any advice?

Is this a old on the job at UPS back injury ?