What can I do to get you off the 9.5 list ?

Brownpride

New Center manager called me today and asked me what would it take to get me off the 9.5 list ?

He offer me to not cut my route any day of the week.. Go home after I finish my route no more helping out other drivers or delivering misload. Route will go out with 110 - 120 stops mostly a residential route and 25 pick ups .

My counter offer was 90 to 110 stops max take away my early pick ups so I can start my pick ups at 3:45 pm instead of 3 pm .

Whe both agree we will think about it over the next days.

What else can I ask for lol ?

El Correcto

god is dead
New Center manager called me today and asked me what would it take to get me off the 9.5 list ?

He offer me to not cut my route any day of the week.. Go home after I finish my route no more helping out other drivers or delivering misload. Route will go out with 110 - 120 stops mostly a residential route and 25 pick ups .

My counter offer was 90 to 110 stops max take away my early pick ups so I can start my pick ups at 3:45 pm instead of 3 pm .

Since he is starting negotiations in fairy land, you getting off the list based off management promises.
My counter offer would of been guaranteed 8s while I sat at home playing xbox.

a911scanner

Don't ever get off the 9.5 list for any reason (other than being broke & needing the money)

Time after time guys in my center go through this, get off the list, then get pounded the 2nd week off the list. Then get back on the list after they've learned their lesson.

Dr.Brownz

The center manager wants drivers off the list so in a few weeks massive cuts happen and there will be no 9.5 penalties! center manager will be credited with making 9.5 violations go away!

Indecisi0n

We veteran drivers like to call guys like you suckers. You'll see what I mean in a week or so.

Box Ox

You know what this :censored2: is? The UPS version of the fable about a frog helping a scorpion cross a river. You’re the frog, your center manager the scorpion.

Here’s the Wikipedia description of the fable:

“A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that it was in its nature to do so.”

You let management try to ride you across the river and you’re gonna get stung every time. Don’t do deals, don’t try to be friends.

23tl0y0.jpg

summersaltstains

My center manager used to promise people 4 hour days if they came to help on Saturday. Next Union meeting they all told us it was more like 14 hours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re making a deal with the devil

Tell him to keep you under 9.5 and there won’t be a problem

BUCN85

You know what this :censored2: is? The UPS version of the fable about a frog helping a scorpion cross a river. You’re the frog, your center manager the scorpion.

Here’s the Wikipedia description of the fable:

“A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that it was in its nature to do so.”

You let management try to ride you across the river and you’re gonna get stung every time. Don’t do deals, don’t try to be friends.

23tl0y0.jpg
That’s such a sad story when you really think about it...

Kamikaze

Why would you allow your center manager to direct deal with you? Have you read Article 6 of the NMUPSA? And lastly, once you opt in you’re on the list for 5 months. The current language doesn’t allow you, your local union, your manager to remove you from the list until the 5 months expires.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Center Manager asked me that same question. My response was give me a decent load and dispatch and I will clock out out before 9.5. If you give me ten hours of work it will take me ten hours to do it, its as simple as that. I still file as often as I can, I like penalty checks. If I am going to be abused, its going to cost more.