What concessions on proposed new contract?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
-UPS cannot get enough/hold onto drivers. Hence the two tier system. Its not a giveback. They will be happy to be making over $20 an hour out of the gate.
-Why should UPS pay you money for harassment grievance? Not a giveback
-Not a concession.
-Not a concession. Sign up to be a package car driver you gotta work the hours during peak.
-Never heard of the lay off of drivers on Monday and not allowing them to be guarenteed 40 hours a week. All full-time employees are guarenteed to get 40 hours a week. They just send them to the hub to work inside. So no concession there either
-They were never promised $15 an hour starting rate. They fought to get it up that much. It is $13.00 now. Which is much better when I started at $8.50. First time they are raising the rate EVERY year for part time employees ending at $15.50 an hour at the end of the contract. More money is not a concession.
-Not a consession. They are not removing full time jobs but adding them
"UPS cannot get enough/hold onto drivers. Hence the two tier system. Its not a giveback." How do you come to this conclusion? If UPS cannot retain drivers, how is lowering the pay $6 an incentive. This is ass backwards.

"All full-time employees are guarenteed to get 40 hours a week. They just send them to the hub to work inside. So no concession there either" Again, how is this not a concession? If you have a 5 day/40 hr guarantee driving, now you have to do inside work? You've effectively given full time work away to current part timers/future hybrid drivers and forced full time drivers to do part time work to get their 40hrs. Definitely a concession.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Do you swing from the top of that?
fabio-picture1.jpg

reginald95

That whole sending rpcd home on Monday’s and work hybrids in their place is just a scare tactic. Like in all things, seniority rules all. If you’re stupid enough to allow yourself to be laid off while a lower seniority guy works over you then u deserve what you get.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
That whole sending rpcd home on Monday’s and work hybrids in their place is just a scare tactic. Like in all things, seniority rules all. If you’re stupid enough to allow yourself to be laid off while a lower seniority guy works over you then u deserve what you get.

They want to rest let them. Its their choice.

542thruNthru

No one has said this.

The concern is that drivers will be sent home Monday because "work is not available".

Many routes get cut on Mondays because of Saturday delivery. Notice how the 22.4 language does not say "if work is available".

That's because they have a true guarantee unlike RPCDs in some areas of the country.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

low seniority hybrids won't work on mondays to begin with

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Never heard of the lay off of drivers on Monday and not allowing them to be guarenteed 40 hours a week. All full-time employees are guarenteed to get 40 hours a week. They just send them to the hub to work inside. So no concession there either

no inside hub work is available on Monday morning when they cut routes and potentially lay off because Mondays volume was delivered Saturday

1. a permanent country wide driving job classification delivering ground for less money than the current permanent ground driving job.

2. the added language to regular ground drivers "as long as work is available"

3. change in the language regarding discipline and technology.

2 and 3 do not change anything, for anyone.

Just curious if someone has a list of all the concessions on the proposed contract? Like Hybrid drivers getting less pay, etc etc. Thanks.

Air driver progression went from 2 to 4 years.

22.4 is just a ground driver with a flexible option to work inside, but it will rarely happen outside of peak. For $6 less AND covering weekends, that's a concession.

Not a concession, but the medium range PT are taking it pretty rough without even so much as $.50 extra to keep them ahead of a new guy.

Weak showing on 70 hr workweek after big words in last year's letter.

Still no teeth in 9.5

CalDrvr06

Air drivers going to 4 yr progression instead of 2yrs.
Pre load losing 1$ skilled labor differential. For me the biggest thing is losing out on overtime potentially. To me the overtime is what makes this job worth the extreme heat. And rainy winters. Just my opinion out here in California.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Lower seniority drivers show up Monday just to learn that their "work" was actually delivered on Saturday thus they get sent home due to "no work is available." What part of this are you not getting? It is happening right now, all year long. To make matters worse is nothing prevents UPS from loading the trucks that actually go out on Mondays with 12.5 hours of work and claiming, "no work is available!"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Lower seniority drivers show up Monday just to learn that their "work" was actually delivered on Saturday thus they get sent home due to "no work is available." What part of this are you not getting? It is happening right now, all year long. To make matters worse is nothing prevents UPS from loading the trucks that actually go out on Mondays with 12.5 hours of work and claiming, "no work is available!"

Does your supplement not have "show up" pay ?

In the Central Region, if you report at your posted start time and there is no work

available there is a 6 hour guarantee. You have to request it, and file if necessary.

-Bug-

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Does your supplement not have "show up" pay ? In the Central Region, if you report at your posted start time and there is no work available there is a 6 hour guarantee. You have to request it, and file if necessary.
-Bug-

They will have more than enough drivers that will take a dead day.

Both of these would be non issues if they just guarantee 5 days/40 hours in the master to begin with. Like I said in another post, what good is master language if I have to make sure I'm protected from that language in my supplement!

DOK

-UPS cannot get enough/hold onto drivers. Hence the two tier system. Its not a giveback. They will be happy to be making over $20 an hour out of the gate.
-Why should UPS pay you money for harassment grievance? Not a giveback
-Not a concession.
-Not a concession. Sign up to be a package car driver you gotta work the hours during peak.
-Never heard of the lay off of drivers on Monday and not allowing them to be guarenteed 40 hours a week. All full-time employees are guarenteed to get 40 hours a week. They just send them to the hub to work inside. So no concession there either
-They were never promised $15 an hour starting rate. They fought to get it up that much. It is $13.00 now. Which is much better when I started at $8.50. First time they are raising the rate EVERY year for part time employees ending at $15.50 an hour at the end of the contract. More money is not a concession.
-Not a consession. They are not removing full time jobs but adding them

So you come on here and look for concessions in order to be able to debate a union steward, and then you make this post stating that all these concessions aren’t in fact concessions?

That won’t happen here. You must come from a weak, whiny local. 12.5 hours on Mondays? You guys are very weak.

specter208

Also more Preload and possibly Local Sort PT layoffs that day.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The issue with that is currently they are still having a hard time to get them to work and qualify. This tentative will not help their retention/turnover ratios..still a minimum wage job and no prospects of it getting better till 2023...The job market is so strong out there and we are getting the bottom of the barrel ...More stress on the veterans who have to cover the workloads and see the stupidity of service failures created by people who do not give a damn..

The "show up to work /on time" retention bonuses should explain it all..