What Did You do Today?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
grand kids are coming today so it's gonna be good. we tell the son to just leave them off and for him to take off for the day.

it's a win-win

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my spouse has outlived 3 doctors that told us 6 months to live 35 years ago.

they keep saying all the time"you don't have much longer" and we keep laughing at them. I guess eventually they will be right.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
spring in February. started yard work and spring cleaning. hopefully this guarantees some major snowstorms to add to snow packs in mountains.

wildfire risks will increase and insurance companies are dropping homeowners left and right......what a racket.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
went to reno and saw some of the CV hysteria . bulk buying of TP , bleach , etc. traffic wasn't so bad.

hopefully , this will take out half the planet.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm about to do my Census duty thing on the internet. The instructions say it takes 10 minutes. How can putting a 2 in "number of people in your household' take 10 minutes. Any other info is none of their damn business.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm about to do my Census duty thing on the internet. The instructions say it takes 10 minutes. How can putting a 2 in "number of people in your household' take 10 minutes. Any other info is none of their damn business.

I did mine monday. The letter I got in mail said don't be surprised if I get another one. And yes, I did.

rod

Retired 22 years
So they send you a letter addressed to you at your address and one of the first questions they ask is " What is your name and address. WTF You dumb friend's---you already know my name and address.

oldngray

nowhere special
So they send you a letter addressed to you at your address and one of the first questions they ask is " What is your name and address. WTF You dumb friend's---you already know my name and address.
When you enter the code from the letter your address pops up so, yeah they should know it. Typical government efficiency.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Received a letter yesterday ( 3rd ) saying if I did not respond they would send a real live person to my house.

hope they bring a gun.

542thruNthru

Received a letter yesterday ( 3rd ) saying if I did not respond they would send a real live person to my house.

hope they bring a gun.

tenor-69.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
When you enter the code from the letter your address pops up so, yeah they should know it. Typical government efficiency.
I think the every ten year Census thing is a waste of money now days. I wonder what the % of people who don't even respond to it is? What good is a census if half the people roaming the streets are illegal or just plain bums?

rod

Retired 22 years

hope they bring a gun.
I have a retired driver friend who worked for the Census Dept back in 2010. He said it was a total cluster friend. He said most days only about 5% of doors he knocked on answered the door. About half of those told him to get lost.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think the every ten year Census thing is a waste of money now days. I wonder what the % of people who don't even respond to it is? What good is a census if half the people roaming the streets are illegal or just plain bums?

easier for the government to control folks if they know how many they are dealing with