What Did You do Today?

rod

Retired 22 years
I’d be willing to bet that number is more like 1-10,000
I guess its part of my upbringing. I used to hitch-hike all over Mn. This guy wasn't hitch-hiking though. He had been visiting relatives for the Holidays in a town about a 100 miles away. While there they had 15 inches of snow and their airport was shut down for 2 and a half days so there was a backup of people wanting to get out of Dodge. He couldn't get a ticket out until Saturday and he had to be home before that so he checked our airport and was able to get a ticket out today. He jumped on a Jefferson Bus Line and rode it here. (Jefferson uses the local McDonalds as a terminal.) At McDonald he became stranded trying to get to our airport. It reminded me of the movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hitchhiking is such a lost art!!!!
From the time I was about 10 until I got my first car that is about the only way I got to town. I lived 6 miles out of town. After I got a car I bet I picked up a thousand hitch-hikers. It's too bad a few nut cases ruined all that for everyone. It was an easy way to get around. Now days the hitch-hikers you see are usually pretty scary looking.

Indecisi0n

From the time I was about 10 until I got my first car that is about the only way I got to town. I lived 6 miles out of town. After I got a car I bet I picked up a thousand hitch-hikers. It's too bad a few nut cases ruined all that for everyone. It was an easy way to get around. Now days the hitch-hikers you see are usually pretty scary looking.
I'd pick you up.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I picked up a friend of mine the other day hitchhiking. His car was getting fixed in a neighboring town and he told his wife he would hitchhike. I literally picked him up 50 yards from his house..........lol

542thruNthru

Well after I forgot it was a holiday and drove to the propane company to argue about a bill (they were closed) I then drove to Costco for gas (closed ) and to Aldi's (also closed). I then went to McDonalds for a Coke and to read the paper. There I met a guy who needed a ride to the airport and our local taxi cab was booked up an couldn't guarantee they could get him there on time so I drove him the 3 miles out to the airport ----being the nice guy I am. We have no Uber or Lyft in town. I then went home and took down decorations.

You get a handy??

The book of the road!
AbleBothAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

542thruNthru

Well after I forgot it was a holiday and drove to the propane company to argue about a bill (they were closed) I then drove to Costco for gas (closed ) and to Aldi's (also closed). I then went to McDonalds for a Coke and to read the paper. There I met a guy who needed a ride to the airport and our local taxi cab was booked up an couldn't guarantee they could get him there on time so I drove him the 3 miles out to the airport ----being the nice guy I am. We have no Uber or Lyft in town. I then went home and took down decorations.

3 miles?? Tell his ass to start walking!