What do managers do all day?

AB831

No but with that response I can definitely see they hire on that fourth grade level
So because another user pointed out your inability to use a contraction, that reflects on the level of MY mental capabilities? I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I agree to a certain extent where just like some managers are slugs plenty of couriers handlers etc are the same and just like the overworked employees have to pick up the slack of those slugs so does management, it works both ways. U can't just point fingers at managers and not your peers as I'm sure you know there are plenty of bumbs on both sides of the fence
I’ve worked with more than a few couriers and CSA’s that weren’t their weight in manure. Sure wasn’t due to the lack of good applicants either.

Oh, I love this place.

"My job is harder than a manager's. Managers don't do anything except drink coffee and goof off in the office. They leave after a couple of hours every day, aren't held accountable for anything, and collect bonuses left and right."

"Sounds like cake. Why don't you go be a manager?"

"HOW DARE YOU."
or maybe just maybe theyd rather see actual management take place. not Delegation

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Perhaps the company micromanages the managers just like it does the frontline employee, instead of delegating.

Control freaks always fail. Eventually.
How do managers micromanage FL employees when, as I've read here a million times, they never do anything and are always gone by noon?

Of course, I've also read here a million times that it's the most stressful position in the country and it's waaaaay too many hours and the divorce rate is so high and so on and so forth.

El Morado Diablo

How do managers micromanage FL employees when, as I've read here a million times, they never do anything and are always gone by noon?

Of course, I've also read here a million times that it's the most stressful position in the country and it's waaaaay too many hours and the divorce rate is so high and so on and so forth.

My manager comes in early, leaves early and drinks excessively. He'll be fine.....

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

You sure are hung up on what your workgroup thought and said about you when you were FL. It's comical that you stereotype the FL employee while aggrandizing the injury you suffer when the tables are turned.

But you took the bull by the horns, stepped up to the plate, and sliced your shot. Air Ball!

bacha29

Regardless of what you might think of them managers will continue to carry out their two daily job assignments.....husking their cobs and choking their chickens. That's about the limits of their capabilities and if it's good enough to get by..... then who are you guys to denounce and criticize them?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You sure are hung up on what your workgroup thought and said about you when you were FL.
I couldn't have cared less as a frontline employee.
As an ops manager, you're concerned what they think in the professional sense. If you're concerned about it in the personal sense then you're probably not going to do a good job.

Last edited:

FalconAss

As an ops manager, you're concerned what they think in the professional sense. If you're concerned about it in the personal sense then you're probably not going to do a good job.
For the record, I personally think you're a professional POS.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"-Hamlet