What do you do while on vacation

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Good Lord. You folks' idea of camping is just staying in a hotel with extra steps. Back in my day we walked a mile into the woods with framed rucks on our backs until we found the perfect spot. Set up the tent, gathered enough wood to get the fire through the next morning, and if you wanted your meal warm you'd cook it in a can over an open fire. All it cost us was the gas to meet up.

Did everybody bring their own dolls or do you have a doll orgy

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We did plenty of camping when I was a kid, my old man had us kitted out with army surplus gear, mess kits and packs, web belts and canteens. Cooking C-rats over sterno cans. Kinda fun.

eze

Catch the big one

Attachments

• D99C8A03-C8E7-481C-BF01-BBC21D9696AF.gif
    D99C8A03-C8E7-481C-BF01-BBC21D9696AF.gif
    963.3 KB · Views: 73

cachmeifucan

How much time you got? Just visiting all the different Smithsonian Museums can take the better part of a week. Check out the Spy Museum if you get a chance, absolutely fascinating. Spend a least one day just wandering around the Mall checking out all the different memorials, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War, Vietnam, etc. All pretty powerful and will make you reflect on the sacrifices people have made for this country. Air and Space Museum is the most popular Smithsonian and where you're most likely to get stuck in a line so go there first thing on a Wednesday to beat the crowds.

If you get bored in DC you're doing it wrong.
I'm thinking about changing the plans on Washington DC not sure o want to go to a police state. Seeing national guard everywhere no fun. I wonder how bad does dc look right now

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

old levi's

blank space
Not true, 8 months in northern Michigan and 4 months In Gulf Shores for my parents. Best of both worlds. I'm holding out for the place in Michigan when they are ready to sell.

So, your parents have always lived at Gulf Shores (beautiful place) and when they retired, they bought the property in Michigan.
Is that correct?

Up In Smoke

So, your parents have always lived at Gulf Shores (beautiful place) and when they retired, they bought the property in Michigan.
Is that correct?
Lived near Indianapolis for 30 years and visited both areas while working and just had to have them both. Modest homes on nice property.

Up In Smoke

My wife and I purchased land only in the Smokie Mnts for retirement and hope to buy the Gulf Shores property at some time in the future.

old levi's

blank space
I'm thinking about changing the plans on Washington DC not sure o want to go to a police state. Seeing national guard everywhere no fun. I wonder how bad does dc look right now
I agree. There was a time when I would have liked to visit Arlington, but not now.
Screw that whole place forever, Washington DC.

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

Yea me and my friend discussed it we should of went when trump was in office. Now with national guard and covid and more liberalism. Now I got to wait until the summer of 2025. 4 more years