What do you do while on vacation

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
But if you buy in Panama city I feel like its going to explode soon. I went there 15 years ago. And it was nothing like it is now. Many things to do
It's been at least 15 years since I was there, I remember it being kinda low key and laid back. Sounds like that's no longer the case.

rod

Retired 22 years
This year I want to rent a rv but I been pricing it. Like 3000 plus 1000 deposit over 1000 in gas. Then food and money for entertainment.
Camping isn't cheap anymore. Campgrounds can cost upwards of 50 - 60 bucks a night and more now. I'm pretty lucky (if you call it that) being a disabled veteran I get free access to all National parks (that don't include camping). Most full service campgrounds in National Parks have been turned over to private operators and they aren't cheap--and you're usually packed in like sardines. I also get free access to all State Parks in Mn. My truck gets 6-7 miles to the gallon pulling my camper. We traveled to Utah a couple years ago with friends who were pulling their camper with a diesel. All in all fuel averaged out about the same even though they got better millage (12-14). The cost of diesel fuel and with him having to add gallons of DEF to it because those diesels really suck that stuff pulling a load made it all even out. That and the hassle of actually having to look for stations that sold diesel. I was surprised at the % that don't.

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

Camping isn't cheap anymore. Campgrounds can cost upwards of 50 - 60 bucks a night and more now. I'm pretty lucky (if you call it that) being a disabled veteran I get free access to all National parks (that don't include camping). Most full service campgrounds in National Parks have been turned over to private operators and they aren't cheap--and you're usually packed in like sardines. I also get free access to all State Parks in Mn. My truck gets 6-7 miles to the gallon pulling my camper. We traveled to Utah a couple years ago with friends who were pulling their camper with a diesel. All in all fuel averaged out about the same even though they got better millage (12-14). The cost of diesel fuel and with him having to add gallons of DEF to it because those diesels really suck that stuff pulling a load made it all even out. That and the hassle of actually having to look for stations that sold diesel. I was surprised at the % that don't.
Thanks for your service and sacrifice. Yea my friend just bought a diesel truck thinking that he would save on gas. With covid everyone wants to do outdoor vacations they can social distance.

old levi's

blank space
Now I feel better about my 10-11 mpg pulling the camper. Most state parks here are in the 30-40 dollar range.
In Florida, residents over 65 pay 1/2 the rate at all state parks. We have 2 more parks (already reserved) and we will have camped at all the Georgia state parks.