What do you remember reading in High School because it was assigned?

over9five

Staff member
Wow, I really can't remember any book.....
I do remember reading "The Telltale Heart" for school, but that was a short story.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This is the only book I remember reading.:happy2:

1132011209_galdone-littleredhen.jpg

dillweed

Don't remember the books but in freshman english class our teacher took the song "American Pie" (it had recently come out) and went through every line with us. It was an interesting way for us to learn how powerful language can be and how much we could learn by just listening.

I still love the song and appreciate understanding where the lyrics came from. I also still love that teacher for offering something much better than the dry old stuff others offered.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe you want to say En Garde. And to your previous post, I suggest you look up the term reprobate before you speak as if you know what it means. In fact, for one to post Mad magazine as a form of reading in a thread obviously about literary works, "reprobate" is quite fitting. That the word has it's origins in religious thought does not mean it cannot have meaning in another context even if only to exemplify the distintion between class. Consider comedy. John Cleese is clearly high-brow humor while Eddie Murphy tends to the low-brow side of things. While many can view both with equal enjoyment, a knuckle-dragging, Alfred E. Newman inspired Horton Hears a Who-sound-it-out-reader like yourself would find Cleese (and most other non bodily function humor) without merit.
bbsam....For some reason, this title speaks to me when I read your Posts!!:peaceful: On Garde'

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Catcher in the Rye, Beowulf, Shakespere's plays Julius Ceaser ,MacBeth,and Hamlet, poems by EE Cummings,short storys by Poe. and sonnets by Shakespere "how shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate..............

Last edited:

fxdwg

Long Time Member

Thanks for correcting a simple typo. You can convince your self of whatever you want to. Don't bother me anymore. Go be miserable, but leave me out of it.
As far as this comment: "In fact, for one to post Mad magazine as a form of reading in a thread obviously about literary works",
it is quite presumptuous for you to assume you know what the OP had on her mind. Oh, and do you REALLY think that BC is taken as seriously by me as you apparently do? I actually have many high functioning activities in my life, which you obviously do not, so go ahead and get as serious as you care to.

Go get some crayons and keep yourself busy by coloring..

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks for correcting a simple typo. You can convince your self of whatever you want to. Don't bother me anymore. Go be miserable, but leave me out of it.
As far as this comment: "In fact, for one to post Mad magazine as a form of reading in a thread obviously about literary works",
it is quite presumptuous for you to assume you know what the OP had on her mind. Oh, and do you REALLY think that BC is taken as seriously by me as you apparently do? I actually have many high functioning activities in my life, which you obviously do not, so go ahead and get as serious as you care to.

There, go get some crayons and keep yourself busy by coloring..

Ha! Seems I touched a nerve. LOL. Lighten up fx. All in good fun.:happy-very::peaceful:
But I do like coloring. Thank you.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Ha! Seems I touched a nerve. LOL. Lighten up fx. All in good fun.:happy-very::peaceful:
But I do like coloring. Thank you.

bbsam;
Yeah kinda' struck a nerve.
I apologize for my rude comments.

We've had some nice exchanges (well you to you anyway / or perhaps Me to Me :happy2:); so I am not sure why I overreated at You/Me.

I enjoy your Posts and hope to read more of them.

FXDWG....I'll even give you some Positive Rep for not striking back. Ha Ha!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
bbsam;
Yeah kinda' struck a nerve.
I apologize for my rude comments.

We've had some nice exchanges (well you to you anyway / or perhaps Me to Me :happy2:); so I am not sure why I overreated at You/Me.

I enjoy your Posts and hope to read more of them.

FXDWG....I'll even give you some Positive Rep for not striking back. Ha Ha!

All is love and peace.:happy-very::peaceful:
You guys need to get a room!:wink2:
dog-play-with-cat-in-the-tree-coloring-page.gif

dog-play-with-cat-in-the-tree-coloring-page.jpg
attachment.php

dog-play-with-cat-in-the-tree-coloring-page.jpg