What exactly is a Runner/Gunner?

542thruNthru

Funny , when us “rabbits” go to help you ..erm..turtles ? You’re usually the ones drenched in sweat even after only doing like 50 stops due to lack of physical conditioning and wolfing down jumbo jacks and Pepsi cola all day . Don’t give me that BS dude.
bffftuhcg.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Funny , when us “rabbits” go to help you ..erm..turtles ? You’re usually the ones drenched in sweat even after only doing like 50 stops due to lack of physical conditioning and wolfing down jumbo jacks and Pepsi cola all day . Don’t give me that BS dude.
keep up the good work! UPS will recognize your extra effort! :lol:

YAY MOMMY I GOT DONE FIRST! EVERYONE AT WORK IS SLOW! IM THE BEST MOMMY!

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Puts all the holiday prompts as open when covering your vacation.

Leaves their pee bottles full tucked behind the phone book.

Pay it Forward with driver follow ups coming 3-weeks later.

Don't know what happened to that holy grail key you told them 4-times. Make sure to put it back in the cup holder.

Have no clue what happened to your hand truck?

Not sure why your route has 25 more stops now? They took every ounce of their lunch and breaks.... it was just all little stuff and that's why they got in at 5:05pm every day.

Has no clue where that 18" gouge in the side came from.

DVIR unsigned

DR stops serviced crossed in a foreign language and ALL but two are bad dog stops, The two not mean dogs is Target & McDonald's 2-Day Air both closed. Plus 3 RS1 send again call tags.

Empty Red Bull cans and cig butts in all corners and tracks.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1591009879840.png

Some runner gunners will make it to that finish line intact without having surgeries to patch up your body parts, but most will get hurt or have a major accident and won't get there.

Sure, run n gun while finishing that packet & making book, but afterwards use the contract that you'll be paying into with union fees to make sure you will get to that finish line.

I dunno how some of these brownie runner gunners can't use their common sense to get the big picture.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Newbie here been seeing that term thrown around, but what exactly constitutes one?
There are two basic categories of the runner-gunner. The first is the scared R-G. They are afraid of management so they rush all day cutting corners. If they take a break they work sorting the truck.

The second group is the wimps that undermine every other driver by cutting corners to get in earlier. This usually backfires as management usually add more work to these losers. You can spot these clowns going through the load before start time.

Hot Carl

We have a 20+ year driver who runs and guns and jumps in and out of the truck all day. Our on-car told him during his ride-along, "Do not call me if you ever get hurt out here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
keep up the good work! UPS will recognize your extra effort! :lol:

YAY MOMMY I GOT DONE FIRST! EVERYONE AT WORK IS SLOW! IM THE BEST MOMMY!
That sounds like some in my center. They run to the sup to tell them how slow i am doing the route.

MrBates

Newbie here been seeing that term thrown around, but what exactly constitutes one?

All I know is that there always there to take stops off me and take away my overtime. They are not too happy about it either. I usually give them all the easy stops and I save the time consuming stops for myself.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Over 30 years at UPS, I will take a runner in my loop over the entitled lazy chip on the shoulder dependent on the dying union slug ANY DAY.

MrBates

I love it when an ORS asks me why (insert name here) can scratch my route and I'm always an hour over. I shrug my shoulders with a smile knowing he can't do nothing about it.