What exactly is a Runner/Gunner?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Over 30 years at UPS, I will take a runner in my loop over the entitled lazy chip on the shoulder dependent on the dying union slug ANY DAY.
Amen brother. When you're heavy it's nice to have a driver right next door who can take some work. A lot of days I never even had to call the center.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Slightly off topic... so I'm from the top gun era & to form bonds of teamwork, we'll get aviation call signs, like maverick or iceman.

My call sign is Turtle :p

A fellow driver gave me this mug as a gift for always helping him out during AM dispatch... I said even though it's not my major job description, I do this for dat "purple promise" work ethic that some of the BCers known me for...

s-l400.jpg

Curious when I got home today to look up this hand crafted piece & the first thing that popped up on Google search was an EBay listing...

tenor.gif

Can someone screen shot it and post it here?

If that price is true, I'm going to get me one of these:

29E23DB9-ABEF-4F64-AA6B-FFA7665151C6.jpg

21Savage

Dumbasses that work during their lunch and break. Drive at excessive speeds. Roll stop signs. D.R. packages to the fastest, easiest location, disregarding potential theft or weather damage. Sign for packages with no one present. Literally run in the streets. Cut accross lawns. Call pickup accounts instead of actually going there. E.C. packages simply because they dont wanna deliver the area. Do not attempt call tags. Double park. Park illegally. Whine about dispatch in the morning and get stuff cut off them. Come in early and load truck/organize load off the clock. The list goes on, and on.
Basically someone who doesnt do the job like a man, but instead a bitch, without a single ounce of integrity.

I guess I'm a runner gunner

Attachments

• ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440.jpg
    ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 100

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
You can run and be crazy, but for a second if you think you’re going to be rewarded-in any way by mgmt: you’re mistaken. I’ve been reversed bumped to do an impossible route on a day by a 22.4 guy (mgmt), on a route I won the bid on all week! Eventually you get broken down and realize there is no loyalty or respect given. They feel entitled to rip you off on bonus,stop count etc.

542thruNthru

Amen brother. When you're heavy it's nice to have a driver right next door who can take some work. A lot of days I never even had to call the center.

That doesn't sound like a runner to me. Sounds like your everyday good driver. If that's what a runner gunner is in your area than yeah I'll take a runner everyday.

Runners here are not helping anyone unless told to. They are also here early so they came be in the ORS and dispatch ear having areas moved for different areas. They complain if they get any On call air pick and send it to the next driver. They try and dump their later pick ups on other drivers in their loop.

But yeah I agree with @hellfire that the chip on the shoulder angry at the world drivers are bad also.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I love it when an ORS asks me why (insert name here) can scratch my route and I'm always an hour over. I shrug my shoulders with a smile knowing he can't do nothing about it.
Only an hour over!? My center manager would love to trade me for you.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Runners here are not helping anyone unless told to. They are also here early so they came be in the ORS and dispatch ear having areas moved for different areas. They complain if they get any On call air pick and send it to the next driver. They try and dump their later pick ups on other drivers in their loop
The look on a runners face, when there is no way theyre getting done by 430.
tumblr_inline_p7kvyjRYCq1tur80e_400.png

I had a good laugh today because i heard the worst, slimiest, RG in my center filed a 9.5 grieve for last week. God i hope they (mgmt) crawls up the RG's butt, regarding integrity and methods..

Rack em

Made the Podium
The look on a runners face, when there is no way theyre getting done by 430.
View attachment 297842

I had a good laugh today because i heard the worst, slimiest, RG in my center filed a 9.5 grieve for last week. God i hope they (mgmt) crawls up the RG's butt, regarding integrity and methods..
I normally wold never wish this, but if a runner gunner filed a 9,5 grievance I hope there are grounds for it to get thrown out. If he skipped his lunch, or took it outside of the contractual time then the labor manager has a chance.