What happen to the Questions?

browned out

Questions we forgot to, neglected to, or were afraid to answer most likely will not be honestly addressed until your losing grievance in 2019. Be patient.

1. Do RPCDs have a right to OT before Hybrid 22.4s?

2. Why isn't OT based on a voluntary basis before forcing anyone to excessive OT?

3. Why are 22.4 Hybrids guaranteed 40 hours NO MATTER WHAT while RCPDs are only guaranteed 40 hours IF WORK IS AVAILABLE?

4. Is the extra $1 and hour for skilled part timers a thing of the past?

5. If our center has 60 package car drivers and does not have any Full Time Package Car drivers scheduled to work Saturdays; Are all 60 package car positions protected?

6. Why does the # of protected jobs language state "working a M-friend schedule"; while the # of 22.4s come from the entire RPCDs # in the center?

7. Can laid off RCPDs displace a Saturday or Sunday Hybrid driver?

THEY DON'T WANT THIS CONTRACT TO PASS; I GUESS; THE MASTER WILL BE VOTED DOWN. WTF? THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

THE HOFFA/TAYLOR TEAM REFUSES TO WORK AS DIRECTED AND IS NOT WORKING IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE UNIONS MEMBERS.

WE CANT DISCHARGE HOFFA/TAYLOR FOR A FEW YEARS....BUT WE HAVE THE POWER TO VOTE THIS PIECE OF RUBBISH DOWN. VOTE NO.

8. Why are we so deceptive in our presentation and explanation of the contract? We will answer that one today.

ANSWER: IT IS BECAUSE WE ARE ARE COMPANY CONTROLLED UNION.

browned out

ONE OF; IF NOT THE MOSTEST, BESTEST, BIGLIEST, GINORMOUS QUESTIONS IS:

Q: How soon can we start to file those grievances regarding supervisors handling packages? I see it going on every day and I would love to make triple time?

A: 1ST; YOU HAVE TO GO TO FANTASY LAND... THEN 99.9% OF YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE A TRIPLE TIME PAY PENALTY. YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE ONE OR TWO DAYS OFF TO ATTEND YOUR GRIEVANCE HEARING(S) AT THE STATE OR NATIONAL LEVEL, LOSE OUT ON THE PAY YOU WOULD HAVE MADE AT UPS IF YOU HAD WORKED THOSE DAYS; AND TO BOOT.....AFTER YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID YOUR OWN TRAVEL EXPENSES........YOU WILL LOSE YOUR GRIEVANCE.

THIS IS BEYOND INSULTING.

NEGOTIATING IN BAD FAITH AND NOT FULFILLING THEIR DUTY OF FAIR REPRESENTATION IS WHATS HAPPENING HERE......

542thruNthru

Why the friend is everyone pushing this contract so bad... been here over 25 years and have NEVER seen any contract spun like this one has been.... why

I'm sure it's a range of reasons. For some they are close to retirement and just want to make sure their pension is taken care of.

I'm sure others are afraid of what a NO vote might bring.

Either way it's going to come down to majority at the end.

browned out

They were not going to return calls. They were going to answer the most frequently asked questions online.

"They were" weren't, were, weren't.........DID NOT ANSWER THESE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.....

2. Why isn't OT based on a voluntary basis before forcing anyone to excessive OT?

3. Why are 22.4 Hybrids guaranteed 40 hours NO MATTER WHAT while RCPDs are only guaranteed 40 hours IF WORK IS AVAILABLE?

5. If our center has 60 package car drivers and does not have any Full Time Package Car drivers scheduled to work Saturdays; Are all 60 package car positions protected?

6. Why does the # of protected jobs language state "working a M-friend schedule"; while the # of 22.4s come from the entire RPCDs # in the center?

browned out

Why the friend is everyone pushing this contract so bad... been here over 25 years and have NEVER seen any contract spun like this one has been.... why

DID YOU MEAN ...PUSHING THIS "JOKE" OF A CONTRACT OFF A CLIFF INTO TO A REFUSE PILE? I HAVE ONLY TALKED TO A COUPLE HUNDRED UPSERS; BUT THEIR CONSENSUS VOTE IS NO.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Brainwashing has begun at my building. The union held a “stewards only” meeting over the weekend, at which time, they were informed that if they wanted to stay stewards, they would push for a YES vote. District manager from UPS is having a “stewards only” meeting tomorrow, to inform us we will lose our pension contribution in our local by half, if we don’t pass our supplement the first try.

542thruNthru

"They were" weren't, were, weren't.........DID NOT ANSWER THESE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.....

Relax man I'm not against you. I was just letting him know that they weren't going to return phone calls.

browned out

Relax man I'm not against you. I was just letting him know that they weren't going to return phone calls.

I know. It's kinda funny, but not ha ha funny, that they did not even take 5 questions live.

And if they were going to return calls.......it would have been "hey you better vote yes or you swim with the fishes...

It's all good........well not all....the proposed contract sucks

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Brainwashing has begun at my building. The union held a “stewards only” meeting over the weekend, at which time, they were informed that if they wanted to stay stewards, they would push for a YES vote. District manager from UPS is having a “stewards only” meeting tomorrow, to inform us we will lose our pension contribution in our local by half, if we don’t pass our supplement the first try.
Oh hell no.... isnt that pension contribution stated in the contract and agreed on... so is dm saying that he will cut it back ??? Bs... scare tactic

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Looks like the IBT is just trying to quell resentment with some talking points--which coincidentally is released the day before UPS announces Q2 earnings.
Then we will get a few messages from @Tony Q saying “Vote No, put the company out of business!”
Btw tony, it takes 31 years to count to 1 Billion.

DR7

I'm sure others are afraid of what a NO vote might bring.

I’m curious about this too. At first, with the contract extension, i thought it would send them back to the table and we would carry on under this contract. I think a lot of people think if this is voted down we will be on strike. I’m not sure now...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I know. It's kinda funny, but not ha ha funny, that they did not even take 5 questions live.

And if they were going to return calls.......it would have been "hey you better vote yes or you swim with the fishes...

It's all good........well not all....the proposed contract sucks
They only take live called in the NE Supplement calls.