What happen to the Questions?

a911scanner

I would disagree.

Saying that elected officials are not aware of all the issues facing UPS members....

is wishful thinking, and kind of an insult.

-Bug-

While I get your point, it is wishful thinking on your part (or any other Teamsters employee) to think they can possibly know about EVERY SINGLE issue of each and every Teamster that works at UPS. It would be utterly impossible to think this or assume that it is true.

Although I am pretty sure this is not what you meant, the reason I bring it up is that one simple little word can change the entire meaning of what was being conveyed. That is the exact problem with many areas in this proposed contract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ron Carey, authored the worst contracts.... starting in 1993 and continuing in 1997.

It's been a uphill climb ever since.

Thanks to TDU.

To be truthful most of us have (quit climbing) because of the (apathy) and (what's the use victim mentality) pounded into us from subpar contracts and unanswered questions over the last 20 plus years. I would not consider the l997 contract a failure, with the creation of all those 22.3 positions it was their last ditch attempt to bolster the failing Teamster controlled Pension trusts, primarily the Central States.

There is absolutely no swagger anymore with the teamsters leadership. They appear to approach these negotiations agreeing with the company's view point that we are overpaid and spoiled. They never lead and UPS dictates what it wants and their job is to sell their membership just enough to get the votes and get these contracts passed.

This contract whether it passes or not will cause some much needed changes on how things are going to be run with the International. I am personally sick of "behind closed doors negotiations". The writing is on the wall with our current leadership, if this contract goes through it will be time to clean house with the next election. The alternative might not be better, but people are sick and tired of the same old, same old.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Maybe I missed it but wasn't the union going to answer questions from the July 10th call?

Its been almost 2 weeks since that call. How long does it take to answer some questions. Did I miss it?
For what it’s worth. After the TDU call I left a couple voicemail questions. I got an e-mail from a Pete with 2 days.
I’m sure when our Union leadership gets off the vacation at the golf club they’ll gladly answer those tuff questions.

LagunaBrown

Let me ask you guys this question...

If the National Master does NOT pass what makes you think customers are not going to start leaving?

Last contract the National Master passed, BIG difference.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Let me ask you guys this question...

If the National Master does NOT pass what makes you think customers are not going to start leaving?

Last contract the National Master passed, BIG difference.

Inertia. They'll only start leaving if we strike. Many of us just want better language, and we're not asking a lot. The master will pass whether it's the first go 'round or the second, or third... customers won't give two craps about our negotiations until it disrupts their service or their rates start increasing, which won't happen right away with contracted rates.

Observer

I always like the part about the "new" 5000 jobs. Figured it out the last time and with all of the locations in the U.S. it came to 1.75 people per hub. They make it sound like a lot but it truly isn't. By stating no - it forces them to come up with something better. You never take the first offer. That's like paying list price at a car dealership. To understand this concept - watch the old "King of the Hill" series where Hank always pays list from some buddy from high school who has been screwing him for years. Yikes!