What happened during the 2008 Financial Crisis?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Manager didn't like the people who bid into combo air jobs, so he kept them in the building and forced me ( combo inside/inside ) onto the road. He still had to pay me my inside rate while onroad. I made it a point of screwing something up every day. One day I found a dead spot, the diad could not send or receive. I sat there for hours waiting for work assignments to be sent to me. What a nice day that was. Once I moved all the messages they and I sent overloaded the system.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Everyone is screaming "Recession" on the news. The trucking industry is contracting big league. We hired a lot of new guys off the street who came from the Semi-Trucking companies who were bankrupt/laid off.

So, what happened back in 2008-2009 at UPS? Did drivers get laid off? How many drivers were cut and sent home?

I'm just curious to know what will happen at UPS this time around, since it looks like it's going to be a huge recession, possible depression......
The media is talking down the economy. Trying to anyway.

quad decade guy

In Metro Detroit they shut down 2 Full-time prelosd buildings. They had a meeting for employees of both centers when rumors started going around about closing those buildings. The Union and Company stood there and lied to our faces that they had no plans to close those buildings. Later I heard from management and union people that the plan was already in place when they lied to us.

Ok. Isn't most of Detroit a wasteland? Did these buildings ever reopen? If not why? We have been adding buildings all over the place here. People still buy stuff during a recession. Maybe not cars, boats and stuff like that. But they still order online. Big time.