What Happened to the "Service" part of UP"S"

InsideUPS

Anyone remember the "Q" (Quality) days at UPS when Oz Nelson was CEO....before the IPO? Anyone remember when one "soaker" would get a driver fired? The new generation of employees at UPS will never know what a well run company UPS used to be in terms of providing Service to the customers at all cost......

Here it was Good Friday and we had 5 trailer loads of KC's...... (Know Closed). Great idea to hold packages thereby reducing driver on road time, increasing efficiency, saving money, etc.. Only problem was that many of the packages/stops in those trailers were not closed or even businesses. Morning dispatchers whom I assume were directed by top level management to reduce driver loads improperly KC'd packages of customers that urgently needed their items for Easter. Many complaints were coming into the center both directly and indirectly through the national call center. Customers were coming into the building to pick up their packages based on tracking information as well as uninformed call center employees telling them that their package was in our center. The only problem was that their packages were buried within the 5 trailer full retain trailers. One of the worst fiascos I have ever witnessed at UPS in a long time.... (at least since the peaks seasons of 2016 and 1017). It was truly disappointing to witness and be part of so many service failures for our customers. Nice to know that our 1st Qtr results will be stellar and that our CEO is still making his $14,000,000.

The former "Tightest Ship in the Shipping Business" is no longer.

Titanic.gif

Db2400

Anyone remember the "Q" (Quality) days at UPS when Oz Nelson was CEO....before the IPO? Anyone remember when one "soaker" would get a driver fired? The new generation of employees at UPS will never know what a well run company UPS used to be in terms of providing Service to the customers at all cost......

Here it was Good Friday and we had 5 trailer loads of KC's...... (Know Closed). Great idea to hold packages thereby reducing driver on road time, increasing efficiency, saving money, etc.. Only problem was that many of the packages/stops in those trailers were not closed or even businesses. Morning dispatchers whom I assume were directed by top level management to reduce driver loads improperly KC'd packages of customers that urgently needed their items for Easter. Many complaints were coming into the center both directly and indirectly through the national call center. Customers were coming into the building to pick up their packages based on tracking information as well as uninformed call center employees telling them that their package was in our center. The only problem was that their packages were buried within the 5 trailer full retain trailers. One of the worst fiascos I have ever witnessed at UPS in a long time.... (at least since the peaks seasons of 2016 and 1017). It was truly disappointing to witness and be part of so many service failures for our customers. Nice to know that our 1st Qtr results will be stellar and that our CEO is still making his $14,000,000.

The former "Tightest Ship in the Shipping Business" is no longer.

View attachment 245135
How do you know this? I clock in on time and barely know anything that is going on

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I remember things differently just 8 years ago, boy my center manager would flip :censored2: if you had a NDA late. Now if a rain drop falls or heaven forbid snow its automatically weather on trace. These new jackasses that run this company jump over 100 dollar Bill's to pick up nickels, it's sad but I'm just a solider paid to take orders and follow them.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Service went the way of turkeys, safe driving awards and clean equipment that was washed every day.

Clean equipment what is that? Our was point is open once a week anymore if that. Trucks look like a fresh bag of ass. Mechanics can't or won't fix problems or can't get the parts. This penny pinching is going beyond reasonability anymore.