What happened to this company?

overupsfreight

UPS SLAVE
i am in central fl we are told DO NOT MARK UP A PICKUP MISSED OR WE WILL BE WRITTEN UP WE CALL THE DISPATCHER AND THEY TAKE IT OFF OUR DIAD AS FOR BRING BACKS THEY REMOVE THOSE OFF OUR DIAD ALSO MANAGEMENT IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY THEY FUDGE THE NUMBERS, THEY HAVE OFFICE CLERKS SIGNING ON BILLS IN THE OFFICE ON THE OUTBOUND SHIFT TRYING TO MAKE THE CUT TIME AGAIN BEING DISHONEST. ON INBOUND THEY TURN THE BILLS IN TO BE T CON AND THE FREIGHT IS SITTING ON THE DOCK WE GET OUR FREIGHT AT 830AM TO 930AM EVERYDAY DRIVERS ARE TOLD TO SWIPE TO DOCK AND DO P+D WORK ON DOCK TIME WE ARE TOLD ONPROPERTY IS MAIN CONCERN SO MANAGEMENT SITS IN THE YARD AND WATCHES EVERYONE HOOK UP AND GET TRACTORS DRIVERS DONT DO ANY PRETRIPS OR POSTTRIPS AND MANAGEMENT LOOKS THE OTHER WAY. PATHETIC THESE ARE THE DRIVERS DRIVING WITH MY FAMILY AND YOURS ON THE ROAD THE DRIVERS THAT RUSH ARE PRAISED DRIVERS THAT ARE THOROUGH ARE DISCIPLINED. MANAGEMENT ARE LIARS DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY.

moreluck

golden ticket member
i am in central fl we are told DO NOT MARK UP A PICKUP MISSED OR WE WILL BE WRITTEN UP WE CALL THE DISPATCHER AND THEY TAKE IT OFF OUR DIAD AS FOR BRING BACKS THEY REMOVE THOSE OFF OUR DIAD ALSO MANAGEMENT IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY THEY FUDGE THE NUMBERS, THEY HAVE OFFICE CLERKS SIGNING ON BILLS IN THE OFFICE ON THE OUTBOUND SHIFT TRYING TO MAKE THE CUT TIME AGAIN BEING DISHONEST. ON INBOUND THEY TURN THE BILLS IN TO BE T CON AND THE FREIGHT IS SITTING ON THE DOCK WE GET OUR FREIGHT AT 830AM TO 930AM EVERYDAY DRIVERS ARE TOLD TO SWIPE TO DOCK AND DO P+D WORK ON DOCK TIME WE ARE TOLD ONPROPERTY IS MAIN CONCERN SO MANAGEMENT SITS IN THE YARD AND WATCHES EVERYONE HOOK UP AND GET TRACTORS DRIVERS DONT DO ANY PRETRIPS OR POSTTRIPS AND MANAGEMENT LOOKS THE OTHER WAY. PATHETIC THESE ARE THE DRIVERS DRIVING WITH MY FAMILY AND YOURS ON THE ROAD THE DRIVERS THAT RUSH ARE PRAISED DRIVERS THAT ARE THOROUGH ARE DISCIPLINED. MANAGEMENT ARE LIARS DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY.

I don't think anyone on here likes the "All Caps" posts......especally when the post isn't paragraphed for the eyes to rest.
Many will just skip it and not read it at all.........

musicmajor57

Believe it, CAFAL. I worked as a city driver on the freight side for 24 years and loved it; that is, until UPS took over. The best I ever did was seven (7) stops per hour; it only happened once. A good day in the city is 3.3 sph on the average. On a tight city route where stops are very close together, you might reach 4 but that's the de facto limit, whether UPS likes that number or not. On a peddle run (rural service area) you are doing well to hit 2 sph on a 200 mile route and yes, we do have them. Some approach 300 miles in a day. If you have made 12 deliveries and made 4 pickups on a 200 mile day, pleasing your customers along the way, you have done your job well.

This isn't package and it never will be. On the freight side, the critical difference, in my view, is that FedEx left the management team in place at American Freightways when they bought them, trusting them to run the company in an efficient and profitable manner. We did just the opposite; we couldn't wait to run off some of the finest people I have ever worked with in my life and I knew them well.

One of my co-workers said it well: "UPS has no idea how loyal Overnite's people were; and they threw that loyalty away."

God bless you and keep you safe, brother.

We used to have a banner over our break area that said TO ALL OUR DRIVERS WE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU DO. The first thing they did when UPS and Overnite took over was take it down.

Gideon129

at hrs we aren't allowed to mark a pick up missed either, we call the dispatcher and they take it off us. if we do we get B!tched at. on our pedals if there is room on the tail of your trailer for overflow from another area they put it on, then want to know why you missed your pick ups that close early.
they start us at the latest possible time so they can fit as much freight as they can for us to deliver. they don't seem to care about the pick ups at all. they also only give a hand full of guys liftgates then expect even those of us that don't have one to somehow get skids of drums, or heavy crates off.