What happens if we’re over 9 1/2 too much ?

Grey

Sups are trying to ride with guys lately and are getting denied. They’re only being allowed one S&V ride. Our union dudes don’t mess around.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
with a target on my back so big that a division manager quite literally called the police on me for refusing to leave the building while investigating a grievance...

Division Manager?

Small change.

You haven't made your mark until you have been "visited" by the Region Manager.

Superteeth2478

Division Manager?

Small change.

You haven't made your mark until you have been "visited" by the Region Manager.
Damn. Well, I'm still doing better than all the suckass stewards who sell out their union brothers and sisters in exchange for busy work and other favors. And there are a whole lot of those...

LarryBird

If you're over 9.5 too much you get your name on a banner in the circle of dishonor. They hang them from the ceiling and management references them to new hires during the tour and offer a word of caution.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yeah, it really highlights the corruptibility of human nature. Also explains the corruption in higher-level union officials and management people, as well.

I honestly believe most go into it with good intentions, and a good portion stays that way.

But some either like the unexpected "benefits" they start receiving, or have no clue how they are being "used" by the Company and end up doing whatever the Company wants, without even realizing it.

Superteeth2478

I honestly believe most go into it with good intentions, and a good portion stays that way.

But some either like the unexpected "benefits" they start receiving, or have no clue how they are being "used" by the Company and end up doing whatever the Company wants, without even realizing it.
I agree that most do go into it with good intentions. Based on what I've seen in my hub I wouldn't agree that most stay that way, though. Maybe being in a RTW state makes a difference in that.

See, that whole thing about unexpected "benefits" is something I've never experienced. I think most people can kind of tell whether or not someone is easily corrupted or not, and I'm sure higher-level management can tell more easily than most (I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of their training, to try to entice stewards that are easily corruptible). So it's a point of pride for me that management has never even TRIED to offer me "benefits" in exchange for being one of their suckasses. They already know I'll tell them to shove their "benefits" up their ass.

It's cringeworthy when, for example, a center manager insists on employees using "their" (the center manager referring to themselves) steward, and downright refusing an employee's right to select a steward of their choosing (which has been upheld in NLRB case law, and is something I point out to drivers who would rather use me, the preload steward, as their steward rather than the driver steward for their center). A proper steward is never referred to by management as "their" steward. They're either their brothers' and sisters' steward or not a steward at all.

Maplewood

I’m barely making 9 1/2 everyday so what happens if we’re over too much? Not my fault, too many on call pick ups sometimes, traffic backed up, bulk bulk bulk, 3 new placard pick up at different times and they don’t take nothing off. And snow doesn’t make anything easier.

After 3 over 9.5's in a calendar week you get triple time for all hours over 9.5 that week.

Rack em

Made the Podium
What happens is you file a grievance and get paid triple time (if you're on the 9.5 list). Then they will be more careful about how the dispatch you. If they don't adjust your dispatches then you keep filing and keep getting paid. Then you contact your BA and request a center level hearing with the center manager, labor manager, steward, BA, and yourself to go over how management can keep you under 9.5 hours.

UPSjedi41

55AB7864-E2AB-49EB-9F68-E024799B6FED.jpeg
I’m barely making 9 1/2 everyday so what happens if we’re over too much? Not my fault, too many on call pick ups sometimes, traffic backed up, bulk bulk bulk, 3 new placard pick up at different times and they don’t take nothing off. And snow doesn’t make anything easier.