What have you seen people lose their jobs for? How to avoid being fired.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Pictures or it didn't happen.
I agree. We need to see this supposed proof. For the report naturally.

I just found out some good dirt.

There is a certain metro employee boinking the metro sup. She is going driving soon, so the direct conflict will be avoided soon. He works on Drum with the wifey, and it looks like that's where she'll end up driving.

I'm bringing the popcorn, if someone wants to watch the inevitable explosion with me.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I agree. We need to see this supposed proof. For the report naturally.

I just found out some good dirt.

There is a certain metro employee boinking the metro sup. She is going driving soon, so the direct conflict will be avoided soon. He works on Drum with the wifey, and it looks like that's where she'll end up driving.

I'm bringing the popcorn, if someone wants to watch the inevitable explosion with me.

Pun intended, or no?

AKCoverMan

We had a driver who had made seniority throw an NDA letter into a dumpster to avoid having to sheet it as a late. Someone saw him and called UPS. Mgmt retrieved the letter, pulled t-matics data showing driver at the dumpster, and went and confronted him on area. Done.

Nobody gets fired over one late NDA. Sad.

Pronkie1

Seen a preloader get fired for stealing CD's...Auto mechanic got fired for taking the shop truck out on road call....He went out to lunch instead....Long time ago driver got caught throwing personal packages on the belt without paying.....Another driver got caught padding his miles by going off route...He got a ticket as no trucks were allowed on that road...He went in to the center manager and asked UPS to pay for it....Dumb move.....Another driver got fired for not reporting an accident....She backed into a car...Owner of the car saw no damage so said no problem...She didn't report it...Month later UPS got a bill for a new radiator from the guy who she backed into...She was fired...So many I can't remember them all.....

instantK

someone was fired for stopping for a case of beer on his way back to the building, 2nd time first this year, heard hes coming back though

stucrew

At our center on Friday 9/3 we had two veteran employees discharged for Unfit for Duty/Positive Drug Test. In my 16 years at UPS, I have received only one discharge letter (for an intersection accident), but UPS did not pursue that discharge.
We have had another driver fired for positive drug test, two drivers fired for time theft (both cases very egregious), one driver fired for chronic tardies, one preloader fired for chronic absences and one preload supe fired for drug use.

The center manager we have now is VERY fast on the trigger with threats of "I will fire you for that". He threatened me yesterday with discharge for taking my lunch too late because I had started at 4:45 AM (as a full time clerk) and they sent me out to deliver NDAs due to a staffing crisis. When they sent me out, I asked "What about my lunch?". They said "You can change it later. We just need you to get started", but when it came down to filling out the timecard it was all on me and I have this threat of discharge now.

They said that I should have taken my lunch at the correct time (which I now see as true), but at the time I was being handed the keys to that truck they were sure pressuring me to get started right then and they were talking about me "taking (my) lunch later". It was a trap, I see that now. I should have taken a 30 minute lunch before heading out. Of course, then I would probably be writing this post about getting fired for late NDAs.

The reason I am starting this thread is I would like all of us to keep our jobs. I don't know if it is because UPS is a publicly traded company or because of the current state of the economy, but UPS seems to want to fire most or all of its employees. Does the Center Manager in your building threaten to fire people daily? What have you seen UPSers actually lose their jobs for?

instantK

seen someone get fired for a Fuel Spill as well

Not sure how it is at other centers but I always see people get there jobs back even after being fired 4,5,6 times....
One driver had to sign a Last Chance agreement form and got fired after that and he got his job back!! I guess its all how hard your willing to fight for the job

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
PTers for fighting, attendance and theft. PT sups for drinking on the job, sleeping on the job and intentionally damaging package contents. Drivers for signing the diad, theft, and workplace violence.