What if Ups buys out Teamsters/Central States Pension woo`s?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Here is something you got to expect if Ups buys out Central States and has the teamsters as a overseeer of the pension fund that will be funded only by ups. There will be a cost to you and i and that cost will be in the form of a pension that will subtracted from your social security like the management will be getting in the future. That same program was submitted before the contract before the "BEST CONTRACT EVER" ! That will be the cost of the company paying out 4 billion to fix the teamsters/Central States Debacle. If APWA takes it over then there won`t have that issue. Ups employees will receive 100% of contributions negotiated !

raceanoncr

Here is something you got to expect if Ups buys out Central States and has the teamsters as a overseeer of the pension fund that will be funded only by ups. There will be a cost to you and i and that cost will be in the form of a pension that will subtracted from your social security like the management will be getting in the future. That same program was submitted before the contract before the "BEST CONTRACT EVER" ! That will be the cost of the company paying out 4 billion to fix the teamsters/Central States Debacle. If APWA takes it over then there won`t have that issue. Ups employees will receive 100% of contributions negotiated !

Now, where do you get this? Have you seen it in writing? If so, please post here.

I have, right now, in my hands, a copy of the "Employer Proposal", a nine (9) page farce of a document that outlines everything the employer (UPS) wants to do and I don't see anything in there about a social security cost subtraction.

I don't see anything in here about a Teamster overseer. What I DO see is, on page 2, "a jointly trusteed pension fund", which I take to mean "UPS AND Teamster"?

Please post facts for all to see. I would be willing to peruse them.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Now, where do you get this? Have you seen it in writing? If so, please post here.

I have, right now, in my hands, a copy of the "Employer Proposal", a nine (9) page farce of a document that outlines everything the employer (UPS) wants to do and I don't see anything in there about a social security cost subtraction.

I don't see anything in here about a Teamster overseer. What I DO see is, on page 2, "a jointly trusteed pension fund", which I take to mean "UPS AND Teamster"?

Please post facts for all to see. I would be willing to peruse them.
Raceanoncr why not post your 9 pages so we can see ! Will there be a age restriction or job restrictions once you leave and receive benefits under this new document ? I would like to be able to make my own decisions via the ups buyout of the Central States. I thought we had a jointly trusted plan with ups and teamsters/Central States overseeing or jointly trusted pension fund with 'UPS AND TEAMSTERS" :confused:1 My willing to accept the word of either right now would have to be in writing and no addendums added because of the past ? Teamsters/Central states are over the barrell right now - Not a great place to be in my eyes ?

nospinzone

Yes, Race. Please scan these documents into a pdf file or an image file so we might all be able to read what you are reading. Cheryl, the site admin., is very helpful in assisting with posting files.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Racer dont give these scabs and teamster turncoats a dam thing! They dont deserve the respect of being informed on teamster contract update. If you would like this information go to your monthly TEAMSTER meetings!

Cole

If they're paying dues to the Teamsters, they deserve anything related to their contract. At this point it is all tenative, and an exchange of proposals.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If they're paying dues to the Teamsters, they deserve anything related to their contract. At this point it is all tenative, and an exchange of proposals.
Your right cole, if their dues paying members they can go to their meetings and get it.

Cole

We've pretty much heard the company's proposals, so what are the Teamsters proposals on pensions, etc...?

nospinzone

Racer dont give these scabs and teamster turncoats a dam thing! They dont deserve the respect of being informed on teamster contract update. If you would like this information go to your monthly TEAMSTER meetings!
What's wrong, Red? Afraid to let the membership know in an open and free forum just how badly IBT is gonna screw us over in this contract? Oh, yeah. Thats right. I forgot that IBT's recipe for success is the same one my mom uses for growing mushrooms..."feeding us bull****, and keepin us in the dark."

Business as usual down at the local....

raceanoncr

Raceanoncr why not post your 9 pages so we can see ! Will there be a age restriction or job restrictions once you leave and receive benefits under this new document ? I would like to be able to make my own decisions via the ups buyout of the Central States. I thought we had a jointly trusted plan with ups and teamsters/Central States overseeing or jointly trusted pension fund with 'UPS AND TEAMSTERS" :confused:1 My willing to accept the word of either right now would have to be in writing and no addendums added because of the past ? Teamsters/Central states are over the barrell right now - Not a great place to be in my eyes ?

Boy, this sure does NOT answer my questions! Let me repeat:

Show me in writing that if we receive Social Security benefits that that will be deducted from our pension.

Show me, as you stated in thread starter, that Teamsters are going to be the overseer.

You and Engineer79 have a knack for dodging the very simple questions that YOU, YOURSELF bring up! Now, as I said to him, and it must be very hard for him to do this because I have not gotten answers to the questions that I asked him, FOCUS!

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
What's wrong, Red? Afraid to let the membership know in an open and free forum just how badly IBT is gonna screw us over in this contract? Oh, yeah. Thats right. I forgot that IBT's recipe for success is the same one my mom uses for growing mushrooms..."feeding us bull****, and keepin us in the dark."

Hey Nospin i worked at a mushroom factory while in college and thats true about keeping em in the dark and feeding em manure. Thats why they call them fungus amungus :w00t: !

705red

Browncafe Steward

Not afraid of anything, but alot of you apwa cheerleaders are scabs or withdrawn teamsters who cant go to your meetings to get this info. You sold out the teamsters and now you want to hear whats going on with our contract? Should have stood tall in 97 or kept up on your dues, now you sol on the info!

I just joined this thread today but have been following some of the central states pension issue through other sources. It appears that the negotiations committee (UPS and IBT) have tentatively agreed to the UPS buy out from the central states and the reported cost is $4 billion. On the surface and from APWA would led one to believe this sounds like a good deal the UPS'ers because of the spin "all contributions from UPS go to UPS". Now with that said I would ask - is there going to be a system to allow the transfer of earned pension benefits for anyone that leaves the employ of UPS prior to their retirement date or is this going to be a UPS ONLY company pension. Is it going to be calssified as a single employer pension and then be governed under the federal laws that would permit PGBC under any future chapter 11 proceedings like what happened to the airlines? What happens to the UPS'er that can not finish their career due to health problems and falls short of the 20/25 or 30 years? Can they take their earned credits to another place of employmentand continue their pension? Also I am curious to know if anyone has heard what will happen to the part timers plan? The central states reached a "reproicity agreement" with UPS for part timers several years ago that gave them central states credit for their part time years. What will happen to this?

raceanoncr

Hey Nospin i worked at a mushroom factory while in college and thats true about keeping em in the dark and feeding em manure. Thats why they call them fungus amungus :w00t: !

Uh, Wild, I guess I have Fungus Amungus. I asked you to respond to my questions at 0241 and you posted this at 0636 but totally ignored my questions.

Did my post go thru? Hello! Anybody home? Anybody on meds today?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Uh, Wild, I guess I have Fungus Amungus. I asked you to respond to my questions at 0241 and you posted this at 0636 but totally ignored my questions.

Did my post go thru? Hello! Anybody home? Anybody on meds today?
The proposed fund would be overlooked by ups and teamsters from the outside. Money would be in a fund mutually agreed upon one would guess but thats the pre-posal so far ? I may not be sure and have no documents yet but most would agree that until we get a chance to vote on it nothing is in stone ? Have a cool aid there buddy :tongue_sm

BROWNDAWG

The proposed fund would be overlooked by ups and teamsters from the outside. Money would be in a fund mutually agreed upon one would guess but thats the pre-posal so far ? I may not be sure and have no documents yet but most would agree that until we get a chance to vote on it nothing is in stone ? Have a cool aid there buddy :tongue_sm
you must be getting your information from the x-files or the future apwa president Alf!!!!!! stay tuned for another episode of close encounters of the unthinkable mind.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: