What in the world is going on

IESucks

Hey good ppl,

I’ve been with UPS for 6 years, 1 yr preload, 5 years full time package car driving. My center is not that great, to say the least. As a driver, I’ve never caught a break. I’m consistenly given split routes of 200 plus stops and alot of times they’ll only call me in if they have a route like that for me. One thats built to have me out there until 8 o clock or later. Even when I’m covering a seniority driver, they intentionally add an extra hour or so of work onto the route that day. I take my lunch and break and I’m not running through my day but the awful dispatches persist. I don’t mind the job but it really sucks when you hardly ever see a day under 200 and then look at other routes and see guys going out with 120 or 140 on a consistent basis. I believe its my management doing it to me, corporate isn’t helping by giving these “numbers” that they expect centers to hit every day. For a company thats profiting billions, why is there so much bs going on? Why try and make life miserable for all your employees? Definitely voting no on the contract btw. Just wanted to post what I experience with this company week in and week out. Any advice?
Yes, 9.5 list. The end

JL 0513

In at 8 with 200 stops? You're going to keep getting 200 stops.

Depends on many other factors, but generally you shouldn't be getting in until after 10pm with 200 stops. Maybe 9 if things are really tight.

I had 80 stops today (+30 p/u's). Granted, I moved 750 pkgs (del+p/u).

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hey good ppl,

I’ve been with UPS for 6 years, 1 yr preload, 5 years full time package car driving. My center is not that great, to say the least. As a driver, I’ve never caught a break. I’m consistenly given split routes of 200 plus stops and alot of times they’ll only call me in if they have a route like that for me. One thats built to have me out there until 8 o clock or later. Even when I’m covering a seniority driver, they intentionally add an extra hour or so of work onto the route that day. I take my lunch and break and I’m not running through my day but the awful dispatches persist. I don’t mind the job but it really sucks when you hardly ever see a day under 200 and then look at other routes and see guys going out with 120 or 140 on a consistent basis. I believe its my management doing it to me, corporate isn’t helping by giving these “numbers” that they expect centers to hit every day. For a company thats profiting billions, why is there so much bs going on? Why try and make life miserable for all your employees? Definitely voting no on the contract btw. Just wanted to post what I experience with this company week in and week out. Any advice?
this is your own damn fault.

i'm sure other people here will tell you why.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
14DE996D-C414-47AC-BCB0-546202A5095C.gif

Hey look it’s the OP!

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Hey good ppl,

What local are you in?

El Correcto

god is dead
They never have me cover routes. If they don’t have a choice they are sending help.

They built me a little :censored2: car out in the middle of no where far from other employees besides one other driver and refuse to let the cry babies bump me. They tell them they have a business to run lol.

I show up, do my job with integrity and safety then go home. The only people at work I speak to is my union steward or someone seeking advice from me.

They’ve threaten to fire me since basically week one after making my packet. My first year as a driver I had my center manager literally screaming at me in the morning telling me to quit my job, happened a couple times. They progressed my discipline up to intent to terminate over..... Orion. I just kept filing retaliation and harrassment, following the advice I found on this website. It’s been stressful, but it’s getting better. Most of the original management team I had starting out is gone now, transferred.

I’ve kind of been grandfathered into being the least best driver in the center, they don’t expect anything from me, no favors or side deals. They know not to call me in the morning offering me a day off instead of an 8 hour request they can’t honor.

Only advice I give to people like op, just do your job, nothing more or less. If they want to dig themselves a hostile work environment hole, let them. Document and file, stick to your guns and don’t cut corners.

ManInBrown

Hey good ppl,

It’s called standing up for yourself. It’s the only way. Get on the 9.5, use all your 8 hour days, and when they bury you drop the anchor and bring it in at 11pm. Few weeks of that and they’ll start to re-assess the situation. Until then have fun getting buried.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just read this waiting on a sloooooooow C.O.D., hate when they have to fire up the computer & printer for ONE check!

That was almost convincing, I give it a 3/10 on believability.

Just remember every new member comes here believing these 'made up names' here are all drivers & preloaders. **** A GREAT MANY are not who they say they are ****

And who are you again? A retiree, or a driver with 5 years to retirement? And do you live in Washington, Pennsylvania, or Arkansas? Please, tell us more about people on here not being who they say they are, you're an expert.

Just think about what UPS hourly or salary is around a computer or on their phone the most at UPS and you'll find your answer.

Says the guy posting at 11am while "waiting on a cod"
giphy (5).gif