What is a #back first exception#??

Poop Head

Judge me.
Then I get busted for recording while idling.
Or recording while in travel.
Or if i give them the pkg and screw up the last four digits while doing all of the above I have to hit details on the pkg edit and then i find out it was signature required.

SMH
Calm down woman!

F

Frankie's Friend

Calm down woman!
tumblr_n6zigb2ld21ry1rm7o1_400.gif

JL 0513

I love when you get two docks next to each other that you have to deliver to. You want me to drive how many feet before backing again? Ok, I'll deliver one dock, drive around the block, and then deliver to the adjacent dock.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Asked 5 different people and got 5 different answers....
any smart people out there ??
If you can't back first, make sure you can roll backwards in neutral. If you can't do that, leave space so you can drive forward before backing out 500 feet.

If the suit monkeys question you, tell them "I expected the unexpected", and backing first was necessary for safety.

F

Frankie's Friend

@The Driver , The 90 ft length was never clarified as 90 ft away from the stopped park position or a total of 90 ft in travel (like in a circle and then back).

I'll try the 1" method and report back.

@5habits100 have you tried the 1" method? Lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've never confirmed this but another driver said he can just go forward an inch and then put it in reverse and he never shows up on the report.

I've only started up in reverse after a stop when someone blocked me in while I was at the stop. That's been a handful of times, tops, and I've gotten plenty more back first exceptions. Based on my observations it's gotta be around 100'.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Asked 5 different people and got 5 different answers....
any smart people out there ??
If your car is parked and the first maneuver after starting the vehicle is a back, that’s a back first exception. Don’t concern yourself with this. I have a ton of them being on a city route. People block me in constantly. No choice but to back first.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

How many times did we back into some car that pulled up behind us while we were loading pkgs thru the frt dr at a stop and we were parked in at the front of our pc before we had cameras?

Lots of times.

It has to be a lot better now but it's never good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

If your car is parked and the first maneuver after starting the vehicle is a back, that’s a back first exception. Don’t concern yourself with this. I have a ton of them being on a city route. People block me in constantly. No choice but to back first.
It's never a hot topic until someone in Alaska backs into something then it's a nationwide problem.

F

Frankie's Friend

They only discipline you for back first if you’re useless. Just say you had to get out and look if they ever say anything about it.
If they gripe on an ojs that's a good way to shut most of it down.
Get out and look every time you're going to back.

Brisket

Then I get busted for recording while idling.
Or recording while in travel.
Or if i give them the pkg and screw up the last four digits while doing all of the above I have to hit details on the pkg edit and then i find out it was signature required.

SMH

That’s why there is a little R next to the left hand side of the screen for most of the ones that require a sig.

Sometimes the HSN laptops do not have them though.

MrBates

A fellow teamster was telling me that he never gets a back first exception because at the stop instead of putting the vehicle in park he puts it in neutral and uses the hand brake. According to him, the back does not register even after a stop complete if you start up in neutral. I never tested this out. Sounds dangerous to me. I mean, what if some kid climbed into the truck and flipped the hand brake? If you have to back, you have to back. We are professional drivers. Who cares about their reports?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A fellow teamster was telling me that he never gets a back first exception because at the stop instead of putting the vehicle in park he puts it in neutral and uses the hand brake. According to him, the back does not register even after a stop complete if you start up in neutral. I never tested this out. Sounds dangerous to me. I mean, what if some kid climbed into the truck and flipped the hand brake? If you have to back, you have to back. We are professional drivers. Who cares about their reports?
What’s amazing to me is that there are drivers who really care and are trying to game a system that is ALREADY stacked against them.... wtf cares???? And some of these drivers who are testing out every way to stop and start the car so they don’t show up on a report are some of the oldest drivers in the center... I don’t get it... totally brainwashed!!

Db2400

Are you all serious?? After starting up, it’s when you put the Package Car into “Reverse” before driving forward a certain amount of feet. The amount of feet is the part I usually get different answers on. Heard anywhere from 50-250 feet.
Basically shows you didn’t leave yourself an out.
Not true it's when you back first after you stop comple.