What is a "Bonus Center"?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Been reading this term many times, what is it?

Perhaps we need a glossary of terms?

dogs.bite.me

definition

It is a center that will pay you strait time for your under allowed.

So say you have a 10 hour plan day, but do it in 9, you will get paid for your 8 hours strait - 1hour ot - then your "bonus" of one hour strait for being under the plan.

Basically you get paid strait time for any amount you are under allowed.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Re: definition

Funny how every little thing can be so very different in all parts of the country. Our bonus here is paid at time and a half, always has been, over 20 years.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Its where they pay you free money if they deem your route can be done by a 3rd grader kickball star vs a pro athlete. The formula to determine who gets bonus is locked up in Coke's vault.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
a bonus center is where they take all of the runners after they wreck too many trucks, slip a disk in their back, have to have 3 shoulder surgeries, etc, in the chase for the mysterious "bonus" everybody keeps hearing about. Anyway all of the said people get to live in this place, a sort of "center" for the rest of their lives after they get hurt and can't work anymore. They get to listen to recordings of DOK questions and get fed leftover chilidogs from the various hubs in the area that might have extra...this is a very special place.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If you can beat the candy land numbers they reward you for it. If they say it's a 10 hr day and you come in at 8.5, you'll get 8 hours at straight time, .5 hours of ot plus a bonus of 1.0 hr at OT becuse they dispatched it into OT hours. Bonuses are going the way of the dodo though. UPS just raises your stop count to counter the bonusers in hopes of you continuing to haul arse to bonus or running scratch. It's a win-win for someone and I'll give you 10 guesses as to whom and the first 9 don't count.

article22

Banned
to be in the bonus club you must first LIE cheat then steal!! ex..... take the long way to your trip.....steal fellow workers "easy bulk pu's" .... hit sign del notice more than 10 times a day..... put in for over 70's over 5 times a day..... n run like hell and provide no customer service!!

kingOFchester

Bonus is becoming more of a Bone-us. As the years tick by, the harder it is to achieve bonus. I us to know a good number of bonus trips where you could make TRUE bonus. Now there are not many.

If you come in 1 hour ahead of start to set up truck, work thru your 1hour lunch and 10 minute break, but only get 1.5 of bonus, you just gave the company a minimum .60 clicks of free time. Probably more because if you hadn't set up the truck, you would of ran more miles and probably more stops due to not being able to get off air's and grounds together. Easy to get grounds and airs off when you sort your truck in the AM and put everything together.

Was talking to several drivers about this last night. They were saying it wasn't so much about the $'s but rather more about getting home to the family.

S

serenity now

you guys that are in such a hurry to get home must have hot, young, wives/girlfriends

Wally

Sounds really stupid, especially when they make up the numbers! Who the hell said yes to that plan?

Around here, we get guaranteed 8 hours pay. Sometimes, dispatch screws up and you get in under 8, but that's very infrequent to say the least.

Packmule

Re: definition

It is a center that will pay you strait time for your under allowed.

So say you have a 10 hour plan day, but do it in 9, you will get paid for your 8 hours strait - 1hour ot - then your "bonus" of one hour strait for being under the plan.

Basically you get paid strait time for any amount you are under allowed.

Actually, it pays at overtime rate. I know. I am in a bonus center. Love it!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm in a bonus center. One of them that pays time and one half for all hours under allowed. Receive 6 to 7 hours bonus per week on average. I come in every morning and massage my load for an hour or so to get the perfect load, of course since I'm satellited I get paid to do it. Follow the methods, do not run and give great customer service.
Just one of the lucky ones that did a great time study and have very generous allowances, mostly due to high mileage.

Wally

What's to stop the company from changing their numbers? Seems like a slippery slope to me.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
donkey-and-carrot.jpg

HeeHaaw Bitchez...
donkey-and-carrot.jpg